Sorry if this question has been raised already. I did a few searches and read through quite a few posts, but didnt see it.

I am getting texts fine, however, I dont get the phone number or email or any type of info on who sent the text.

I get the date, and time on the header, then the message below and that is it. Is there something I need to change this? I have gone through all the menus that I think would apply, but have not been able to figure this one out.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
    04-28-09 01:56 PM
    scroll up??? there is more info above what you see.
    04-28-09 02:01 PM
    open your mms folder to view messages. hit bb button. go to options then general options. there you can set what you would like displayed.
    04-28-09 02:05 PM
    Scroll up.. unfortunately not.

I went to the options and then general options and made sure that DISPLAY NAME had YES next to it, which it did. I even saved it as no, sent a text.. then saved it as yes, resent a text... still nothing.

Do I have to 'reboot' the phone to get this to work do you think? Or is there something wrong with my phone?
    04-28-09 02:12 PM
    Jeff

Give a run down on that screen where you have the Display name.

mine are set as follows and it will show the name, if in my address book, or number in the message lists and when I open a message it will show:
    importance:
    to:
    Class:
    sent:
    Subject:

yes
    yes
    name,subject
    2 line
    Unread
    yes
    no
    no

Theme Controlled
    04-28-09 02:28 PM
    Mine are as follows;

Yes
    Yes
    Name,subject
    1 line
    unread
    yes
    no
    no
    separate
    Lines

Underneath that it has

ACTIONS
    yes
    yes
    no
    yes
    15 days

thoughts?>
    04-28-09 02:36 PM
    Try changing it to two line display and to theme controlled. Maybe one at a time just to be safe.
    After that I would to a batt pull.
    04-28-09 02:44 PM
    Okay did them step by step...

after the first one, nothing
    after the second one, nothing...

I then did a battery pull and still nothing. Each time I tried sending a new text from both the website and a phone, with no results

Thanks a ton for all your ideas and help.
    04-28-09 03:04 PM
    Check this thread it may explain some of the problems that we on Telus are having and seems to rear its head on other networks from time to time ... http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/83...ne-why-147482/

You could also try resending the service books and that might have an effect.
    04-28-09 03:19 PM
    As piper mentioned try resending service books. Maybe a Master radio reset.
    04-28-09 03:35 PM
    okay will do. thanks again. I will try this later tonight or tomorrow. Spent enough time on it already today.
    04-28-09 03:47 PM
    I've tried all the various things, and nothing.....

still only get the date, time stamp on top, then the message itself below.
    04-30-09 11:46 PM
    Are you running current OS? 4.6.1.204(316)
    05-01-09 07:53 AM
    It says

v4.6.1.204 (Platform 3.0.0.73)

So I think so.
    05-01-09 08:29 AM
    So the text that you receive are coming from someone who is sending an SMS or MMS?

Whe you ope a received message is where your issue lies?

On a received text my lines are as follow.

To: (my number)
    Class: (personal or which ever they sent it as)
    Sent: (contains date and time)
    Subject:

You are only receiving the Sent line info?
    05-01-09 09:15 AM
    I will try to take a picture of the screens.

the 'inbox' when I click on the sms/mms and then the actual message. But I will try to recreate below.

I have it set back to 1 line, instead of 2 lines

Here is the inbox (I get the time and then the first part of the message to the right)

TUE Apr 28, 2009
    3:08p I might be available....

Once I click on the message this is what I see..

Apr 28, 2009 3:08:44 PM
    I might be able to help with the field, let me know what time

And that is it. I get nothing else whatsoever.

I cant thank you enough for trying to help.

I want to double check to make sure I did the service books right... Cant seem to find that link again anywhere.. I will hunt it down and double check that process

Jeff
    05-01-09 11:17 AM
    Unless there is an issue with an app or theme I am at a loss.

As for service books:
    3rd: Are you registered on to the network? This is done by having a registered data plan on the Network, with Sprint together with Nextel! If you are, you will need to make sure that your service books are up to date and have been sent to your device! The easiest way to do this is by going to this website:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=nextel
    If it says that you aren't a member just create a new account and then you'll have access to your account that way! If you have done this already then you will see "Service Books at the bottom of the list on the left. Its really hard to miss. the next page will allow you to send your service books! once done you should receive notifications of activations to your emails. there's other stuff sent too so this is a good way to go!
    05-01-09 12:18 PM
    Okay, I got the service books sent. I did not do that last time, but I did have the account all setup as I have multiple emails that I use.

I will give this a try and then if all else fails, I will maybe try calling blackberry support...
    05-01-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD