Just wondering if there's another application available for playing videos on the 8330. The one that comes with the device is ok, but even in "full screen" mode, the size of the video is very small. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 06:50 AM
    Just wondering if there's another application available for playing videos on the 8330. The one that comes with the device is ok, but even in "full screen" mode, the size of the video is very small. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same problem, but it wasn't the player's problem, at least for me. I ended up getting a program to convert the videos so they would completely fill the screen on my Curve.

It is a free program and is very fast for converting videos. The really nice thing is it will convert all kinds of formats to play on the BlackBerry.

Here's the link to the Free Version: Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

If this doesn't help, then there was no loss.
    09-15-09 08:23 AM
    I had the same problem, but it wasn't the player's problem, at least for me. I ended up getting a program to convert the videos so they would completely fill the screen on my Curve.

It is a free program and is very fast for converting videos. The really nice thing is it will convert all kinds of formats to play on the BlackBerry.

Here's the link to the Free Version: Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

If this doesn't help, then there was no loss.
    Thanks so much for your reply. I have a couple of similar programs that convert to Blackberry formats such as 3gp and mp4, but after converting, they still won't fill the screen. I JUST downloaded the program you referred me to, and tried it. Apparently after converting, the only output format for cell phone is mp4 because it asks you to upgrade to the "professional" version to have more profile output options such as 3gp and others (and also allows you to convert from DVD).

I ran a test and converted one video into mp4, because like I explained, that's the only profile option you have with the free version for cell phones (no 3gp profile option). After converting, I loaded it into my Blackberry, it played fine, but still would not fill the screen even after selecting "full-screen" mode on the player. I EVEN went into the programs options before converting and selected "fit to width", but apparently that didn't help either. I wonder if you have the professional version if that makes a difference. Thanks again for your help.
    09-15-09 06:20 PM
    Sorry you are having some problems.

No I do not have the Professional version. I am running the free version for now. And yes when I convert the files they are the .MP4 format.

Here's my settings. Profile (Top Right of the screen) Mobile Phone MPEG-4 Movie (*.mp4)

General - Item Name - Auto
    Output Duration - Depending on the movie

Video Options
    -
    Video Codec - mpeg4
    Frame Size - 320x240
    Video Bitrate - 128
    Video Framerate - 30

Audio Options - (I really didn't set any of these, just the Default)
    Audio Codec - aac
    Audio Bitrate - 64
    Sample Rate - 11025
    Audio Channel - 2
    Disable Audio - no
    A/V Sync - Basic

Then when I transfer them to my phone and have the Full Screen Checked, the video is just that, Full Screen. Maybe it is the movies your are converting. I am converting mostly .AVI's to the movies and have on certain movies, converted DVD's to the mp4 format. Only thing it when I do that, I get the same thing as the original DVD files, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01.VOB, VTS_02.VOB, etc. and then when I play them have to select the files to play them. Kind of a pain to watch a DVD, but hey it does works.

If this doesn't help, then I am not for sure what else to do.
    09-15-09 06:39 PM
    Sorry you are having some problems.

No I do not have the Professional version. I am running the free version for now. And yes when I convert the files they are the .MP4 format.

Here's my settings. Profile (Top Right of the screen) Mobile Phone MPEG-4 Movie (*.mp4)

General - Item Name - Auto
    Output Duration - Depending on the movie

Video Options
    -
    Video Codec - mpeg4
    Frame Size - 320x240
    Video Bitrate - 128
    Video Framerate - 30

Audio Options - (I really didn't set any of these, just the Default)
    Audio Codec - aac
    Audio Bitrate - 64
    Sample Rate - 11025
    Audio Channel - 2
    Disable Audio - no
    A/V Sync - Basic

Then when I transfer them to my phone and have the Full Screen Checked, the video is just that, Full Screen. Maybe it is the movies your are converting. I am converting mostly .AVI's to the movies and have on certain movies, converted DVD's to the mp4 format. Only thing it when I do that, I get the same thing as the original DVD files, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01.VOB, VTS_02.VOB, etc. and then when I play them have to select the files to play them. Kind of a pain to watch a DVD, but hey it does works.

If this doesn't help, then I am not for sure what else to do.
    Hey!... THANKS SO MUCH!... I configured mine just like yours and it works now!... Full-screen is just that... FULL-Screen!... finally!... you see, I'm a huge fan of a classic old comedy television show (The Honeymooners) and I have every single episode not only on DVD but in file format in my pc. I just got my Blackberrry a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to be able to have every episode in my phone (116 of them), which only takes up 3GB of space... so with the 16GB micro SD card, that's not a big deal at all... I was really happy to have the episodes in my phone, but they were playing SO small... now, they are full screen... this is SO awesome... thanks so much for your help!... I'm SO glad that I joined this forum, because it has helped me out so much figuring out this phone that I would NOT have been able to do if I was to call into the tech support... THANKS!!!
    09-15-09 07:14 PM
    You are very welcome.

I too joined this forum to gain knowledge and every time you have a problem, there are so many people on here that can help you out. That is what I have found out also. I have learned so much and am still learning every time it read through the posts.

Enjoy your Honeymooners
    09-15-09 10:04 PM
    Yeah, you're SO right about this forum! It's awesome. And thanks SO much Pal O'Mine! I'll definitely enjoy my Honeymooners on my new BB in the full-screen mode... That's for sure!

09-17-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD