Hi all,
    I've got a blackberry 8310 curve from a medical company who provide it through their contract with vodafone. Actually, i think the emails and contact details on my 8310 synchronises (i think) using BES through that company's exchange servers (may be i'm a bit confused).

Anyway, I got the phone with no CDs etc supplied because they set it all up for you and say you dont need to do anything.

However, I do want a program just to add some new programmes like a Spanish Dictionary etc BUT I DONT NEED it to synchronise emails and contacts as it does that fine through Microsoft Exchange Server (???)

Will Blackberry Desktop Manager do this (ie application install but no synchronisation). Anyway, I've looked at the blackberry.com site and dont know which of them to download. 4.2.2. v 4.2.2 (service pack 1) v 4.2.2 (service pack 2): I wish they didnt give so much choice. And if this is the program, how do I get it just to instal a program but not synchronise anything else?

Sorry for the 101 q's
    thanks for any advice
    R
    10-29-07 05:56 PM
    4.2.2 (service pack 2) will do the trick, and the sync options will not be started unless you initialize it anways, so no worries there, just download and install.
    10-29-07 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD