(sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Well I am now a new commer to this wonderful blackberry curve.

But I am unhappy with this one little thing. The D/5 key. I have to press it a little harder than the rest of the keys. Which is annoying when I realized I send

"hey due what are you oing?"

Well I know I can request a new one with RIM but that would be gettin a refurb, and I DO NOT want refurb since I just got my phone.

So my question is... If I take it to Verizon, tell them "hey you listen here fellas, my key is acting wonky on my I tell ya"

Will did they replace it for malfunctioning or will they charge me the 35$ stocking fee??

or is this free under warranty??

on the receipt it says they do if i am "returning or exchanging"

Im just worried that they will try to charge me the 35$ for exchanging my malfunctioning curve.
    06-22-10 01:27 PM
    Take it in, There will be no charge.

Only charge is if you return it and leave with nothing or go with another device.
    06-22-10 01:33 PM
    If the phone is malfunctioning they will either fix it or replace it. Especially if you just got it. Take it back and be nice. And welcome to CrackBerry.
    06-22-10 01:35 PM
    Thank you guys.

Im under a family plan, I wonder if the person on the account has to be with me?
    06-22-10 01:41 PM
    Not typically, but sometimes you can get a pain in the *** Customer service rep..Call the store, tell them your issue and ask if you need the account holder with you.
    06-22-10 01:42 PM
    The only time they charge the restocking fee is if you want to get a different model of phone. If they are exchanging it for the same model for a problem with it within the first 30 days they will just replace it.
    06-22-10 03:16 PM
    Yea you'll be fine if your within the 30 day worry free garuantee. No restock if you get the same device in the same color and have everything that originally came in the box. As for getting into the account, you need to be an authorized user in order to do anything at all with the account. Just know the acct holders last four of their social and your golden

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 10:09 PM
    everything that came in the box?

I took off that one serial sticker you have to send for the rebate.

Will this be a problem?

and thanks for all of your responses, much appreciated.
    06-23-10 02:21 AM
    I haven't had a chance to go. I'm still wondering about my last ??? Though. I am soo adicted to this little fella

06-23-10 11:10 PM
    Thank you guys.

Im under a family plan, I wonder if the person on the account has to be with me?
    When I sold the primary person had to be there if you are listed on the account as being ok to make changes etc then you can go alone You can always call first to make sure. They may say a phone call from the primary person is OK too.

06-24-10 11:29 PM
    everything that came in the box?

I took off that one serial sticker you have to send for the rebate.

Will this be a problem?

and thanks for all of your responses, much appreciated.
    Don't worry about the rebate. If you want to do the exchange for the same model you will not be charged for anything, If you change color or devices you will be charged the $35 re-stocking fee, and charged for the Rebate because you will get a new rebate with the new device.

The key point to remember is that you will only be charged if you want to change phone models.
    06-24-10 11:38 PM
    hey you were all correct. well kinda... I actually did not need the box or anything in the box.

I just took my phone and got a new one.

that simple!! (well I had to wait forever, was there for an hour but you know how that is)

Im happy with my d working Curve

and thanks to all.
    06-25-10 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD