I like the idea of a pod charger for work. I may do that. Though I am always on the road with my consulting, I can just toss it in my bag. And then I can just use the wall charger at home.
    09-01-09 10:41 AM
    I sure hope nobody takes this thread seriously. The Tour is better than the Curve in every way. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If people would do some research and have some patience, they'd find out that the battery life improves drastically after the first 3-4 days of use.

I honestly can't believe the stores are exchanging devices for people like this.
    Yeah I doubt you know what you're talking about and I hope they do take this thread seriously. What is so much better on the TOUR that the CURVE doesn't have? BTW: Battery life sucks on the TOUR. I even got a 1600 mAh battery, which doesn't do any good... lasts the same amount of time as the stock battery which is 1400 mAh. I use my BB on the train which is an HR long ride both ways, to and from work. Some of the things I do is listen to music via Bluetooth and surf the internet. I did the same exact stuff on my CURVE for 5 Months before I got my TOUR and the battery lasted a whole day no problem, as a matter in fact it had at least a bar left before I went to bed around midnight. I know the TOUR has a nicer screen, way better camera and better graphics� but that�s about it� Even though the processor is 375 MHz faster it doesn�t seem any faster than a CURVE. So that is my opinion. If you want to get a TOUR think twice especially if you use your BB frequently.
    09-10-09 11:42 AM
    The Tour is a better device. If the cost of having a better device is plugging it in a little more often, so be it.

Plug your phone in when you get to work. Problem solved.
    09-10-09 12:03 PM
    The Tour is a better device. If the cost of having a better device is plugging it in a little more often, so be it.

Plug your phone in when you get to work. Problem solved.
    NO! Problem isn't solved because I use my phone like a computer so I need my phone by my side to answer emails and add stuff to calendar�of course to make calls once in a while. I don�t have time to stop and charge it for an HR and yes I can have 2 batteries and swap them out which is what I do now� But I would much rather have a device that will last all day long.
    09-10-09 12:16 PM
    If you want a device that lasts all day either get a 2100mah battery or perhaps the Tour isn't for you. But don't tell other people not to get a device simply because you don't like the battery life, the Tour is a upgrade to the curve in almost every way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 12:27 PM
    NO! Problem isn't solved because I use my phone like a computer so I need my phone by my side to answer emails and add stuff to calendar�of course to make calls once in a while. I don�t have time to stop and charge it for an HR and yes I can have 2 batteries and swap them out which is what I do now� But I would much rather have a device that will last all day long.
    Your computer won't last as long without being charged either, so that analogy kinda sucks. Anyway, most people can charge their phone at the office or in the car. You seem to be in that minority of people who don't have access to a power outlet throughout the day, so the only real solution that works for you is a 2nd battery. Really, that seems like a minor inconvenience for the expanded capability of the Tour. Not to mention, most people are not in the same predicament as you and other users flat out contradict your experience, so running around telling everyone to steer clear of the Tour seems a little narrow minded.

A better approach might've been explaining your experience with the Tour and asking people how to optimize battery life on the device.
    09-10-09 12:42 PM
    If you want a device that lasts all day either get a 2100mah battery or perhaps the Tour isn't for you. But don't tell other people not to get a device simply because you don't like the battery life, the Tour is a upgrade to the curve in almost every way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've heard this a lot now... Upgrade in every way. I guess it�s just your opinion and I�m stating mine. It would be nice if you can explain what's so good about the TOUR vs. the CURVE and how is it an upgrade? we already know that the camera is better...

Soooo... ppl keep your 8330 CURVE don't upgrade to TOUR because in my opinion it�s not worth the money, the headache or another 2yr contract!
    09-10-09 01:42 PM
    I've heard this a lot now... Upgrade in every way. I guess it’s just your opinion and I’m stating mine. It would be nice if you can explain what's so good about the TOUR vs. the CURVE and how is it an upgrade? we already know that the camera is better...

Soooo... ppl keep your 8330 CURVE don't upgrade to TOUR because in my opinion it’s not worth the money, the headache or another 2yr contract!
    Besides the previously mentioned faster processor and improved camera, how about:
    • CDMA AND Quad-band GSM/UMTS (World Phone; Curve is only CDMA)
    • Autonomous GPS Operation (Curve supports only Assisted GPS)
    • More than Double the Application Memory (256MB vs. 96MB)
    • Higher Resolution Display (480x360 vs. 320x200)
    And the fact that it isn't due to be EOL'ed any time soon . . .
    Last edited by Dodge Deboulet; 09-10-09 at 02:21 PM.
    09-10-09 02:09 PM
    Trackball is a mute point. It is a defect that can be fixed by getting the device replaced under warranty.

The battery on my Tour is almost as good as my Curve was, and I am definitely a power user. Any slight decrease in battery (and I really do mean slight) would be due to the higher res screen and faster processor.

You've probably got some junk software running in the background. Do you run Facebook, a weather program, etc. that runs in the background? Do you properly put the phone in standby every time you are done using it by holding down the mute button?

What you are experiencing is not normal, so it is either user error or you have some software causing problems.
    09-10-09 02:15 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD