Hoping to get some feedback...

I am an old Treo 650 user, definitively sold on moving over to the world of the BB; I will be purchasing a phone in the next 30 days on Verizon's network with a new two-year contract.

My company does not use a BB server, but I'll be using PUSH email for both personal and work email accounts, presumably just set up through Verizon/BB's servers (also, I'm presuming this comes included in Verizon's standard BB pricing plan). It seems that my best bet, as long as I'm committed to Verizon, is to just purchase the Curve 8330 and be done with it ($149 after rebate).

Seeing that I rarely travel overseas, it doesn't seem the World Phone would offer me any advantages over the Curve. And, it seems like the Bold, Thunder, Tornado (just a guess! -- ) will almost assuredly not see the light of day on Verizon's shelves in the next 30 days.

But, before I hit 'purchase' on Verizon's website, I figured I'd post here and make sure I'm not missing something. Many thanks!

Mark
    05-24-08 07:12 PM
    Nothing before the end of June. There's speculation about September (Bold), but there's no guarantees there either...
    05-24-08 07:31 PM
    There are no rule that says at the end of your contract (NE2) you gotta renew immediately. At the end of your contract,you will be on a month to month contract till you decide to lock yourself again into another contract. In saying that, if you are impressed by the bold, then you can wait till (whenever) it is released and then use your NE2.
    Just my $0.02 worth.

Welcome to the Crack!
    05-24-08 08:01 PM
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am under no contract with any carrier right now. I was out of the country for awhile, and am finally back and need to get both a cell plan and phone. I've got about a month before I'll go crazy with no cell phone....

And since I can't last w/o a cell phone until maybe-Sept for the Bold, it looks like the Curve is my best option for now.

Thanks, everyone.

Mark
    05-24-08 10:42 PM
    Might As Well Just Get The Curve, And If The Bold Comes Out Soon (On CDMA I Highly Doubt) Just Slap The Curve On eBay And CraigsList!!!

Just My $0.02
    05-24-08 11:24 PM
    I got the curve and love it, the keyboard is great, it's got more memory, and O.S. 4.3 works great.
    05-24-08 11:35 PM
    Go with the Curve! Its the best thing out there right now. Plus, when the 9000 (I hate "BOLD") drops, just make that an early xmas present to yourself. Like I've said in other threads, its always good to have a decent phone to fall back on if your primary goes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 12:21 AM
    I'm also a former Treo 700W user and love my BB. Go for it...but here is what I did.

I went to my local Verizon store (not a dealer) and told them I could get the $100 online discount and the $100 New Every 2 discount. They agreed to do that! Then I'm getting the $50 rebate back by mail. My phone will cost around $50.

Even got 1000 extra mins to use whenever I go over my alotted mins.
    05-25-08 09:24 AM
    or you could just get a go phone for now and wait for the bold...
    05-25-08 11:08 AM
    I'm also a former Treo 700W user and love my BB. Go for it...but here is what I did.

I went to my local Verizon store (not a dealer) and told them I could get the $100 online discount and the $100 New Every 2 discount. They agreed to do that! Then I'm getting the $50 rebate back by mail. My phone will cost around $50.

Even got 1000 extra mins to use whenever I go over my alotted mins.
    Wow. You go the $100 NE2 only because you were an existing subscriber to Verizon, though, I suppose? As a new subscriber to Verizon.... not sure if I could pull that off?
    05-25-08 10:33 PM
    Get the Curve. You'll love it.

05-26-08 12:35 AM
    Yes, you have to be a current Verizon customer to get the NE2. Sorry! Go get the Curve...you will love it!
    05-26-08 08:26 AM
    Get the curve. I got mine a week ago, greatest phone. Battery life is amazimg too. I think the Curve could beat Rambo

05-26-08 08:42 AM
    Thanks again to everyone for their help. One last question... can I tether the Curve to my laptop to use it as a modem?
    05-26-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD