Does any one know how to use their blackberry as a modem for the ps3? I travel a lot on business and take my ps3 with me and certain places don't have internet or wifi, so I wanna use my berry as a modem. Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:53 PM
    If I was in your situation, I'd tether my 8900 to a laptop, and share the BlackBerry's connection using the laptops wifi. You could then connect the PS3 to that wifi network.

Word of warning: the connection your BB provides is probably going to be too slow to do any kind of multiplayer gaming on.
    08-02-09 11:29 PM
    Could you do the same thing with a psp? Not online gaming either but use the wifi on the laptop, with the bb tethered? How do you get that working exactly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:40 AM
    If I was in your situation, I'd tether my 8900 to a laptop, and share the BlackBerry's connection using the laptops wifi. You could then connect the PS3 to that wifi network.

Word of warning: the connection your BB provides is probably going to be too slow to do any kind of multiplayer gaming on.
    I've done this with my 8320 and Xbox 360. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to with 8900 and PS3/PSP. I did try playing online (Halo 3 I think) but it was unplayable. The lag was just too bad. It might be okay for web surfing or chatting though.
    08-03-09 09:22 AM
    wouldn't it be more easier to just use the wifi or ethernet connection at the hotel you're traveling too.

Just guessing but where ever you're traveling too if the place has a tv then more than likely net access can be had very easily. (i.e. hotel, family member or friends home)
    08-03-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD