Hello to all,

My husband was receiving JVM Error code 102 on his Curve. I read up about the problem and downloaded JL_Cmder to find the corrupted file. I went through the steps to identify and then delete the file. What I must've deleted was the Address Book application. His phone no longer has any contacts and there isn't even an option for "Add to address book" or anything similar. There's no access to any address book and no way to save any numbers. Blackberry Messenger has stopped working completely. I have tried using JL_Cmder to restore the phone to factory settings and to wipe the phone but the address book is still missing. Any suggestions? Thanks so much to all in advance.
    07-11-09 04:01 PM
    From Crucial_eXtreme's list: JVM 102: Invalid code in file system. The .cod files in the handheld have been checked for modification and it has been determined that there is a problem with one or more .cod files.

You were on the right track, but it was probably going to be impossible for you to reload just the correct cod file. It'll be easier to reload the entire OS. The simplest way to recover is to run the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Reed walks you thru the steps to download your 8330 OS to your PC. Then he explains how to load it to your device. Installing an OS is not difficult, but it's not trivial either. Follow the steps in Reed's procedure and post questions if they arise. Someone will be able to help you.
    07-11-09 04:31 PM
    Thanks very much! I will get started on it right now.
    07-11-09 04:32 PM
    I attempted to follow Step 2 under the "Better" instructions. I followed the links to install BlackBerry Device OS software. The first link took me to BB site, which linked me to Verizon (my service provider). From Verizon, I followed the prompts and then was linked back to BB site where I was given the option to upgrade my software, which I tried.

The software updated through the Application Loader. I installed something called "BlackBerry Core Applications" or something like that. After I loaded that onto the device, the address book was back! Thank you SO very much for the help!
    07-11-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD