Is it possible to hook up my BB to my computer and browse the internet instead of having to buy a BB plan?
    08-18-07 01:47 PM
    No.

Why would you want to anyway? Why not just browse on your pc?
    08-18-07 04:40 PM
    I thought he was asking if the BB could be used as a wireless modem without the BB data plan.
    08-18-07 06:21 PM
    I thought he was asking if the BB could be used as a wireless modem without the BB data plan.
    Sounds more like trying to use his PC as a wired modem for the BB...
    08-18-07 11:39 PM
    lol, thought the same thing!
    08-19-07 03:38 AM
    No, reread it. He is asking if he can use his pc's connection instead of buying a BB plan.
    Yes, that is exactly what he wants to do. Not really sure why. As much as I enjoy my BB, it is still more pleasant to send email from a full desktop pc.
    08-19-07 10:49 AM
    No.

Why would you want to anyway? Why not just browse on your pc?
    I don't have a Blackberry (yet), but I used to have a PocketPC, and I did use it this way. I had not taken a data plan, and offline browsing in IE allowed me to browse and save a site when tethered online to check out later. Served as a poor man's AvantGo.
    08-20-07 04:31 PM
    no see this is what i want to do.

Im fat and lazy and sometimes i go downstairs and dont feel like bringin my laptop with me downstairs

so i was wonderin if i cud connect my BB via BT to my PC and browse the internet while im downstairs and away from my pc....but stilli n range of my BT dongle
    08-21-07 07:31 PM

Im fat and lazy and sometimes i go downstairs and dont feel like bringin my laptop with me downstairs

so i was wonderin if i cud connect my BB via BT to my PC and browse the internet while im downstairs and away from my pc....but stilli n range of my BT dongle
    No, it won't work. Maybe you should wait and get a BB with wi-fi.
    08-21-07 08:08 PM

I want same thing with Bigboiben783 but different reason.
    I need to download and update a medical software via internet but don't have money for a data plan.
    So i want to know if somehow I can use the internet of my computer.
    (found lots of info about using cellphone as a modem but not the other way around)
    Please help !!!
    -Sandman
    01-28-09 02:06 AM
    What do you mean? If its OTA download it on your computer then put it on your SD card and install it that way. But if its a .ZIP file, I don't know how to install that and wait for someone to bring an answer. Please be more specific though.
    01-28-09 02:14 AM
    I want same thing with Bigboiben783 but different reason.
    I need to download and update a medical software via internet but don't have money for a data plan.
    So i want to know if somehow I can use the internet of my computer.
    (found lots of info about using cellphone as a modem but not the other way around)
    Please help !!!
    -Sandman
    As mentioned above, you would need a Curve 8320 with wifi to do what you want.
    01-28-09 02:19 AM
    OH, i get it you need to update the software thats already on the device? The only way to be able to do this is to have the internet connection to be able to update it, enless they are able to let you redownload the updated application. But any other way than that is not possible. I'm sorry.
    01-28-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD