when i hook up any usb cord up to my curve 8320 i starts to charge then stop right about 3 seconds. but it does show the charge symbol, then goes away. i have may of these usb cords and the oem one. my wife's dash works fine on them but not my bb help me please! i have a motorola charger that charges phone fine! so i know its getting connection
    Last edited by soada101; 08-05-09 at 01:25 AM.
    08-05-09 01:14 AM
    bump! anyone????
    08-05-09 08:49 AM
    my USB cord does the same bullcrap...i have just learned to deal with it until i get a new BB. its like its loose or something. i play music through my BB via USB since my head unit has a hook up for it...but lately its like it has connection then it looses it...idk its weird. i guess maybe buy a new USB for it?
    08-05-09 08:53 AM
    I think this has something to do with the PC and not really the usb connection on the Phone. At least for me that is. When I connect it to the usb charger that came with the phone, I have no problems. It charges fine with no disconnects at all.

But if I connect it to the PC via Desktop Manager, the phone connects then disconnects over and over. If I just set it down it works fine. I so I am thinking it might be too many usb connections on my PC.

I have seen a lot of posts about this problem on here and really and truly believe it has to do with the PC and the USB software/hardware. Going to do some experimenting and disconnect some other USB items and see if that helps. Will let you know how it goes...
    Last edited by freeop; 08-05-09 at 09:48 AM.
    08-05-09 09:46 AM
    Freeop that is not the case with me.
    My head unit radio in my car has a USB slot so I plug it in and listen to my music..but lately it connects and disconnects all the time...I have wiggled the part that connects to the phone and I think it has to do with me always sticking in and later taking out and repeating everyday. Just too much wear and tear on the poor little thing.
    08-05-09 10:06 AM
    Freeop that is not the case with me.
    My head unit radio in my car has a USB slot so I plug it in and listen to my music..but lately it connects and disconnects all the time...I have wiggled the part that connects to the phone and I think it has to do with me always sticking in and later taking out and repeating everyday. Just too much wear and tear on the poor little thing.
    Understand. Didn't want to say that everyone's PC is the problem, but I think mine is and wanted to add to the OP's possible problems/solutions.

I know exactly what you mean with the wear and tear, and hopefully you will be able to get it fixed or get a new unit soon.
    08-05-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD