Had the BB for over a year now and few wks ago I saw tht it was not being charged.
    On looking closer I saw the usb port was shaky and moving around.

Took it in last week to see if it could be fixed and they said no.

So now I have a BB tht cannot be charged. Wht I do is change batteries with the other BB.

So its a battery swap tht seems to be my alternative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 05:12 PM
    09-06-08 05:25 PM
    MiniBB is right. Get the cradle. I have one for each of my BlcakBerrys.

I hate that USB port for charging. It was never intended as a charging port or for that matter as a sync port. It was put there for Admintechs to do maintainence work. It is far to flimpsy ever to be used long term.

Charging was done via the cradle. Those two big gold connectors on the back of the phone are where BlackBerrys were intended to be charged.

Sync is done OTA on BES.

Whatever you do do not buy a cradle that incorporates a USB port. These are found on ebay and are the worst possible solution.

To get your BlackBerry repaired, try BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices. They fixed mine very quickly.
    09-06-08 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions

09-06-08 07:57 PM
    Yep, my brother has the same issue and he bought the cradle from shopcrackberry. He can charge now, just can't upgrade his OS!

09-06-08 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the tip on the additional charger but at $70 for an 8830 the bigger questions are (a) will the charger work with the Storm and (b) given that the only charging option from a vehicle is the USB port is it even worth it to continue with BlackBerry? I'm on my THIRD 8830 in 1 YEAR!!

RIM obviously has a potential class action problem on their hands.
    11-05-08 12:39 PM
    get the charge pod from T-Mobile...it only cost me 7 bucks! its 24 on shopcrackberry
    11-05-08 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD