So I love my Blackberry Curve 8320. I am a T-Mobile customer.

I go to connect (Upgrades Blackberry Desktop and Upgraded Software) and it prompts me for a Password. My phone does not have a password on it. It turns off my radio device when going to upgrade applications and states in cannot connect to device, I may need to enter password...but I dont have a password!

Please help.
    11-11-08 02:31 PM
    At one time or another, you must have set up a password. Have you tried passwords you normally use? If you enter a password incorrectly 10 times, it will wipe all data off your phone. Which if you can't remember your password, you will have to do. There is no getting around the password.
    11-11-08 02:39 PM
    If you do not have password enabled, leave the field blank and ignore the warning. It does not apply.

The update will proceed normally and you will have all your data and settings transferred over to the new OS.
    11-11-08 02:43 PM
    There is no password on my phone, I know for a fact Reply Number 1.

Reply Number 2 - I clicked it with leaving it blank. It goes through, then it says Connecting to Device....then it says Connection Not Able to Be Made. You May Need to Enter Password on your Phone.
    11-11-08 02:51 PM
    Did you purchase this device from someone, or was it new from the store?
    11-11-08 02:53 PM
    Ive never been prompted that in any of my 5 updates.. weird.
    11-11-08 02:54 PM
    I purchased it from someone but the box had never been opened. Also, I have wiped the handheld since I purchased it.
    11-11-08 02:58 PM
    seems pretty strange, just wipe it and reinstall the os. make sure you read the 101 topic on reinstalling the os. try using jlcmdr to wipe the bb.
    good luck
    11-11-08 07:31 PM
    I purchased it from someone but the box had never been opened. Also, I have wiped the handheld since I purchased it.
    Same problem here, I purchased a new Tmobile Curve 8320 from someone and the box was not open, when I went to upgrade as you are trying to do it requested a password, I ignored it because there was no password, it continue to load, but then went into this constant loop of starting and restarting. I could never get it to load, I called RIM we went through everything java loader, you name it I tried it, I tried all info from here on reinstalling the OS, followed instruction from the Blackberry site to wipe all data, by inputing an incorrect password ten times via the DM and apploader, it wiped the handheld but will not reinstall the OS. I have a curve with not OS and it will not load one either, no matter if it is the original OS that came with it or the upgrade. It is a piece of junk. I said all that to say this I hope you have better luck, my new Titanium curve from Tmobile via a third party in an unopen box is a paperweight. I hope that you did not buy if from the same person I brought mines from. I think those curves were defected, they were probably being sent back to RIM and was nefariously intercepted to sell to unsuspecting individuals such as ourselves.

Where are you, I am in San Francisco. Please do not say you brought your unopen packaged curve from someone in San Francisco or New York. The person who sold me the "new" curve spent the last week in New York. Good Luck, I really do wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by bpbrown; 11-11-08 at 08:38 PM. Reason: correction
    11-11-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD