Long time lurker first time register first of all. I love this site and thought what the heck I would get involved on the talking side.

Next thing I currently have the Blackberry Pearl 8120 and am having issues with it. I would like a curve because of the memory. Would the 8520 be an upgrade from the Pearl 8120. I use my blackberry for email looking at pictures and a lot of texting. Before upgrading I just want to make sure I'm not going to be sorry I didn't get the Bold or the 8900
    01-21-10 09:55 PM
    I'm considering the same thing.
    01-21-10 10:40 PM
    Long time lurker first time register first of all. I love this site and thought what the heck I would get involved on the talking side.

Next thing I currently have the Blackberry Pearl 8120 and am having issues with it. I would like a curve because of the memory. Would the 8520 be an upgrade from the Pearl 8120. I use my blackberry for email looking at pictures and a lot of texting. Before upgrading I just want to make sure I'm not going to be sorry I didn't get the Bold or the 8900
    Personally, I think it is a great upgrade. My 8520 is my first blackberry and I'm loving it. I haven't had any of the hardware or software issues ppl have mentioned. If you're used to the keyboard on the pearl, then you might miss the predictive text. You can create your own personal dictionary with auto text to speed up texting. Like f b minus the space will automatically change to Facebook. Probably the one thing missing is the flash for the camera. Other than that, its a great upgrade in speed and memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 12:10 AM
    I went from a pearl flip to the Gemini 8520, and never regretted it for one second. Great phone. There is nothing wrong with the 9700 or the 8900, but if your looking for a lower cost, with not lower quality. This would be a great step up IMHO.
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 01-22-10 at 08:15 AM.
    01-22-10 07:43 AM
    I am going from the 8330 to the 8530. I just got the 8330 for Christmas but I have learned so much here. I saw that a Tour 2 may be coming out and thought that I would just wait for that. I really liked the idea of the trackpad and wifi. The 8530 has that plus more memory than my 8330. Verizon is letting me switch them. I may get a Tour 2 one day but the 8530 has everything that I want as of now.
    01-22-10 08:14 AM
    I am on Verizon and upgraded from the Pearl 8130 to the Tour back in September and love it! Don't rule out the Bold till you go in the store and try it. Why not get one of the better blackberry's on the market? Also, if you have 30 days to try a device and exchange it if you don't like it, why not try the Bold first?!

01-22-10 09:51 AM
    Yeah, if I could get the 9700 bold I would. Unfortunately verizon does not have that. The 8530 is not as pretty as the bold but I think that it will be great!

01-22-10 10:25 AM
    Didn't know you were on Verizon. Get the tour! It's great. The tour has more on it than the 8530 but do what's best for you.

01-22-10 11:08 AM
    I like the tour but it does not have the trackpad or wifi if I'm not mistaken. Plus,its more expensive. The tour 2 looks great if it ever actually gets released.

01-22-10 11:11 AM
    I like the tour but it does not have the trackpad or wifi if I'm not mistaken. Plus,its more expensive. The tour 2 looks great if it ever actually gets released.

I also went from a Pearl to the 8520 and I am glad I switched, but I am also waiting to see the new Pearl as I still like that form factor. I would love to have both and be able to switch between the two.
    01-22-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD