I've never upgraded to a non carrier os before. Everytime I go to upgrade the version I'm installing is not available with my desktop manager. I've downloaded the newest version of 5.xx I then delete the vendor.xml file then run the .exe file open desktop manager and plug in my bb. Am I missing something?
    05-28-10 10:33 PM
    From what I've read, the DM won't pick up the new OS if it's not like carrier specific or whatever (I may be wrong on that part) but last night when I did mine the DM wouldn't pick it up either .. I went to the actual file of the OS in the computer, where you deleted the vendor file, there should be an icon that says "app loader" .. if you've already backed up your BB, then click on that and it should take care of the rest. Worked like a charm for me.
    05-28-10 11:08 PM
    I've never upgraded to a non carrier os before. Everytime I go to upgrade the version I'm installing is not available with my desktop manager. I've downloaded the newest version of 5.xx I then delete the vendor.xml file then run the .exe file open desktop manager and plug in my bb. Am I missing something?
    Don't use desktop manager. Try using Loader.exe. It is located in the same place as the vendor.xml.
    05-29-10 12:17 AM
    Don't use desktop manager. Try using Loader.exe. It is located in the same place as the vendor.xml.
    05-29-10 12:18 AM
    easy upgrade...
    -run DM and backup the phone
    -Delete/remove DM.
    -restart the computer
    -run loade exer; located same place as the vendor.xml file
    the upgrade should take 10-15mins

&install DM and restore the backup
    05-30-10 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD