I was pondering upgrading when my contract is due and wanted to hear from others who had the older curve. I know the screen is nice, what are the other major differences?
    Thanks.
    08-16-09 09:21 PM
    Search is your friend. I will help you get started, check the comparison thread link in my signature.
    08-16-09 09:22 PM
    don't waste your money on the old curve.
    08-16-09 09:26 PM
    Def jump on the 8900 if you have an upgrade coming up. Or wait for a 3G T-Mo device which i heard was coming soon. 83xx series are reliable and are workhorses, but are a bit dated now and will be seeing less software updates as time goes by.
    08-16-09 09:37 PM
    Search is your friend. I will help you get started, check the comparison thread link in my signature.
    Thanks, I will do that

don't waste your money on the old curve.
    ....What??
    08-16-09 09:38 PM
    i just did the switch today, glad i did..i love the screen better as well as the camera. The keypad is taking a bit to get used to but before the night is out i'll be good lol.
    08-16-09 10:06 PM
    Wait for the 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:17 PM
    I have both and to tell the truth i would wait and see what else comes out.
    Everyone raves about 8900 being so much better but I really don't see enough difference to rave about. It's nice, but for ME... not that much nicer So many new phones coming out over the next few months... just hold out unless you HAVE to get a new phone

By the way... I only upgraded to 8900 because they sent me it FREE no strings or new contract. I miss my 8320 that I gave to someone else in the family to use
    08-16-09 10:24 PM
    I made the same switch from a 8320 to 8900 and love the new curve. Memory is huge - I mean I re-boot at 150mb and have quite a bit of 3rd party stuff loaded before it was 22mb with a lot less loaded.
    Camera and screen are a lot better.
    It's nicer looking - can stand along side any new and/or up coming model and still look good.
    I also got mine free on insurance as they didn't have the black emerald model of the 8320 I had in stock as a refurb so offered me a jav - you could say I jumped at the offer lol!
    Love it. ;-)

08-17-09 12:51 AM
    Go with the 8900. No contest here really. The 8900 is superior to the 8320 in every way. Here's what the 8900 offers over the 8320. There's more but I'm tired and I can't remember them all.

• Faster processor
    • 4 times more RAM, so no frequent battery pulls
    • Much better display
    • Dedicated lock hardware key
    • A decent camera
    • Slightly smaller size
    08-17-09 06:07 AM
    I made the same switch from a 8320 to 8900 and love the new curve. Memory is huge - I mean I re-boot at 150mb and have quite a bit of 3rd party stuff loaded before it was 22mb with a lot less loaded.
    Camera and screen are a lot better.
    It's nicer looking - can stand along side any new and/or up coming model and still look good.
    I also got mine free on insurance as they didn't have the black emerald model of the 8320 I had in stock as a refurb so offered me a jav - you could say I jumped at the offer lol!
    Love it. ;-)

What have you installed and un-installed to get 150 MB??
    08-17-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD