Is there a way to upgrade the version of your blackberry? I have 4.2 right now-Is there a way to upgrade it to a higher version or does that entail purchasing a new phone?
    09-17-08 01:30 PM
    Yes newer OS's are stickied in their respective forum. But if you have to ask this question, then you definately need to research the forums for install procedures and get more familiar with your BB otherwise you will end up bricking your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 01:35 PM
    I agree with Garz... read the sticky threads at the top of the Curve, or whatever BB you have... each section has their own OS version, but you might not want to do this if your cell phone provider has not authorized it... you will void your warranty!!!
    09-17-08 02:13 PM
    Follow the upgrade link in my signature and see how complicated it is for a new person to follow. There are many things that can go wrong with your device if you don't follow the directions closely. There are several methods to upgrade -- but all are basically the same. Wait a month or two and really get familiar with your device.

Practice skills you'll need by going to blackberry.com and download and save to your computer's desktop v4.6 DeskTop Manager -- then install it and use it to back up your BB.

BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com
    09-17-08 02:34 PM
    Check your carriers web site to see if there is an official high number version of the OS than what you are currently using, and install that first. It's what I did before going to OS 4.5, and is a good way to practice doing an install and see what it's all about.
    09-17-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD