So I'm starting to think about upgrading my Blackberry to something new. Currently I have an 8330 from Verizon. I'm staying with Verizon so that's that, but I am confused with what the difference between the Tour, the Bold, and the Curve are. They look like the same phone.

I use my phone for email, SMS, MMS, contact management, web surfing, and social media. I also will be traveling internationally, (Canada and Mexico), with the phone.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Javaddict; 09-16-09 at 08:02 PM.
    09-16-09 07:59 PM
    i think one of the main selling point for the tour is international calling and wifi. may be something to consider. besides some of the problems i hear a lot about (trackball), its also faster and overall smoother.
    09-17-09 02:32 AM
    So I'm starting to think about upgrading my Blackberry to something new. Currently I have an 8330 from Verizon. I'm staying with Verizon so that's that, but I am confused with what the difference between the Tour, the Bold, and the Curve are. They look like the same phone.

I use my phone for email, SMS, MMS, contact management, web surfing, and social media. I also will be traveling internationally, (Canada and Mexico), with the phone.

Thanks.
    Tour or Storm 2 (due out hopefully by November but may be next month) Both will be world phones and will allow for international use. You can find the secs everywhere and jump into each device's forum to learn more!

PS Storm 2 will have Wi-Fi
    09-17-09 02:36 AM
    The Tour doesn't have wifi.

The Storm, and the Tour are world phones with Quad-band GSM radios. The cheapest alternative to using Verizon's international rates is to get it unlocked and buy a prepaid sim when you get to Canada or Mexico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:58 AM
    Okay so I was looking at the price of the 2 phones, and I was a bit startled by what I saw. Look at the final price of these two beauties. Could the Tour REALLY be $100 more? I would think there's more technology in the Storm than the Tour.

09-17-09 08:11 AM
    Okay so I was looking at the price of the 2 phones, and I was a bit startled by what I saw. Look at the final price of these two beauties. Could the Tour REALLY be $100 more? I would think there's more technology in the Storm than the Tour.

Storm was released in 11/08 Tour released 07/09 Also Storm2 is due out soon so discount pricing is going to be cheaper. Think of auto industry. The brand new 2009 is going to be significantly cheaper that the brand new 2010
    09-17-09 11:40 AM
    Storm was released in 11/08 Tour released 07/09 Also Storm2 is due out soon so discount pricing is going to be cheaper. Think of auto industry. The brand new 2009 is going to be significantly cheaper that the brand new 2010
    Gotcha!!! and since the Tour is sucking eggs in terms of usage... Storm here I come.
    09-17-09 07:32 PM
    Gotcha!!! and since the Tour is sucking eggs in terms of usage... Storm here I come.
    If you can hold off for a month I'd wait for Storm 2. Hoping that it drops on the 14th

09-17-09 07:35 PM
    Or, wait a few days (maybe a week) then buy that Storm. Keep an eye on your 30 days. If the Storm 2 doesn't drop on the 14th, you have the option of doing a return of the Storm, but you have to do it before your 30 days are up.

FYI, if the Storm 2 comes out on the 14th and you trade the Storm in for it, you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee for the Storm.

09-17-09 07:42 PM
    Wait For The Storm2!!!!!

09-17-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD