Equipment:
    8330 o/s 4.5.0.89
    DM v4.6

-Downloaded software from BB site.
    -Connected device and performed manual backup. Disconnected device and closed DM when backup completed.
    -Installed o/s application on PC when download completed.
    -Removed vendor.xml file and searched for more. None found. Performed full delete bypassing Recycle Bin.
    -Opened DM and connected device
    -DM detected update for o/s.
    -Chose the application(s) to update (docs2go, etc...)
    -Began o/s upgrade.
    -Message on DM said something about Boot ROM.
    -Error (have s/shot on my work laptop, will post tomorrow) regarding connection to device and to ensure its connected and finished the startup routines...
    -Device will not be seen via USB connection, no access to Media Card Files, Connection Manager shows not connected. Device won't even ask for password for Media Card access, when connected and DM will not even prompt for password.
    -Phone *not* bricked, all aspects working on device.
    -Battery pull, phone still working, still not recognized by PC.
    -Restart PC, still no joy.

If phone still not recognized by desktop it makes life difficult to even give up and continue w/89... Either way the connectivity issue needs to be addressed...

I'd upgrade to DM v4.7 but I've read that v4.6 is best to use for this upgrade...

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Last edited by jhmed; 02-11-09 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Changed title to be clearer...
    02-11-09 10:56 PM
    Uninstall and reinstall DM and the OS software on your PC. Do not start DM. Run loader.exe from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ directory, then connect your BB and see if it recognizes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:42 AM
    Tried that and this time it worked! Got the o/s installed without hassle... This site rocks!

I'm really enjoying the Documents to Go app on this version.
    02-13-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD