When I try to upgrade to the new firmware on my 8330 a window pops up with my pin and wants a password...to my knowledge I have never set any passwords on my BB except for my voicemail. Any ideas?
    03-09-09 07:16 PM
    Sometimes its the last 4 of your number. Do you have an IT policy on the phone.?
    03-09-09 07:18 PM
    Sometimes its the last 4 of your number. Do you have an IT policy on the phone.?
    No IT if by that you mean Enterprise Server. I tried entering nothing and I tried 0000 but either way the Application Loader says "an error occurred connecting to the service. Check your internet connection or try again later."
    03-09-09 07:26 PM
    I tried last 4 digits of phone number and same thing happened.
    03-09-09 07:28 PM
    No IT if by that you mean Enterprise Server. I tried entering nothing and I tried 0000 but either way the Application Loader says "an error occurred connecting to the service. Check your internet connection or try again later."
    The only way it will ask you for a password is if your phone is from work and has an IT policiy on it, or if you have a password set up on the device, like a lock password. Go into options- security options- firewall-and make sure notihng is checked.
    03-09-09 07:31 PM
    The only way it will ask you for a password is if your phone is from work and has an IT policiy on it, or if you have a password set up on the device, like a lock password. Go into options- security options- firewall-and make sure notihng is checked.
    None are checked. I have never set up any passwords for my new BB. It's not the BB asking for a password under my PIN but the device manager when i try to upgrade to firmware 4.5
    03-09-09 10:20 PM
    Did you try ignoring the password prompt. You may not actually have a password and the prompt is just a general thing.
    03-10-09 06:33 AM
    Did you try ignoring the password prompt. You may not actually have a password and the prompt is just a general thing.
    Got it! I tried leaving the password field blank before but it made no difference. Since I haven't set up any passwords I tried this a couple more times last night and it worked. Only thing is I really did the upgrade for the html email support but it still doesn't work. Oh well, guess I will keep reading my email littered with html tags throughout.
    03-17-09 10:24 AM
    Resend service books and register the host routing table, Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, Menu > Register Now.
    03-17-09 10:26 AM
    hey thanks for the tips. I'm a new BB owner but like to think I am learning this little device very quickly. I can't see myself without this thing now...
    03-18-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD