i have the download upgrade icon on the top of the screen but i can not find any software that is out of date. what do i do? I did just update the bigtincan app

but the icon is still there
    I also did 2 resets.

This is happening on my practically new 8520 from TMobile
    Last edited by Mrjacobrussell; 08-20-09 at 10:30 AM.
    08-20-09 10:27 AM
    interesting.

i've noticed some strange icon issues also:

having yahoo messenger, google talk and social scope icons on the home page, they appear to not update properly, meaning, i see the "online" icon, but when there is an alert, or new message, i do not see the red star. also, when i sign out of those, they still appear as the online icons until i go to the main menu and simply just move them.

this is the thing i hate about "1st" versions. probably minor software bugs.

other than that, i like the phone.
    08-20-09 02:08 PM
    It's been a week I have this 8520... No problems so far with icons nor notification. But little bit irritated with battery life... at least within 12hrs we need to recharge it again... anyone actually know why? and yes, the battery is almost the same with 8100...
    09-17-09 09:54 AM
    Normally a reset does the trick, if not a double battery pull.

You will prob find that the notifiaction is in your Messages folder and just needs "reading" again or deleting.

Just do the normal hide/unhide type thing to get your messages folder and it should be in there.
    09-17-09 10:18 AM
    4.6 firmware is notorious for poor updating of homescreen icons/notifications.

Luckily 5.0 has this problem sorted, so it's just a waiting game now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD