1. drd525's Avatar
    My friend is selling a new 8900 for $250, which is a steal. But will it run OS 5? Should I wait for the new Storm?

    *EDIT* I can upgrade to either the 8900 or a G1 for the same low low price of $150, which should I get?? 3G isn't an issue, mostly concerned with usability and bad-assitude.
    Last edited by drd525; 07-28-09 at 04:11 PM.
    07-28-09 11:57 AM
  2. NoahFecks's Avatar
    Both the 8900 and the Storm will run OS 5. Personally, I don't care for the touchscreen devices so I would grab the 8900, but that's just me.
    07-28-09 12:48 PM
  3. dragonsamus's Avatar
    If you're in the market for a new bb definitely pick it up.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:17 PM
  4. drd525's Avatar
    Well, upon reviewing my account, I'm eligible for a full upgrade through T-Mobile, so I could get the G1 for $150, and I think I like the G1 (it's got a touch screen AND keyboard!); a lot of my friends also have the G1 and seem to like it pretty well. Plus, the deal from my friend isn't a sure thing, since she just informed me she put it up on ebay.
    07-28-09 03:52 PM
  5. dragonsamus's Avatar
    If you're elegible for a full upgrade, you could probably get the 8900 for $150.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:54 PM
  6. drd525's Avatar
    Yeah, I just saw that; now I'm REALLY conflicted...
    07-28-09 04:02 PM
  7. savioAMG's Avatar
    I'd go for the 8900, even over the G1. I personally didn't enjoy using my friend's G1 for a few days. It's an ugly phone with a terrible keyboard. 8900 FTW.
    07-28-09 04:04 PM
  8. drd525's Avatar
    Thanks for the input.

    Anyone else wanna weigh in???
    07-28-09 04:09 PM