Hello, I just upgraded my 8310 Curve (AT&T) from 4.2 to 4.5. I have learned that I can expand my memory now to 8 GB, my question is; Can I transfer all my data from the 4 to the 8? Then can I back up my new chip, delete the data on the old one and then maybe sell it? 4 GB is to much to just waste, right? Any suggestions or help apreciated. Thx!
    08-27-08 12:09 AM
    Yes you can. Simply copy the contents of the 4gb to your
    PC, install the 8gb card, format it and then copy the files
    from your PC to the new card. Then you can format the 4gb
    card and do with it what you will.
    08-27-08 12:12 AM
    I just upgraded to 4.5 last night... now I need to find an 8GB card!
    08-31-08 12:45 AM
    Try looking on:
    Tiger Direct
    Buy . com
    The CB store or watch the sale circulars from you local electronic stores.
    08-31-08 12:47 AM
    Yeah you've got it all straight except....... New 4gb cards are about $8 on Amazon so don't expect to get much for it. I know I always hand down stuff like that down to my kids of wife to use in their cell phones , that way everybody gets an upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 12:52 AM
    best price I've found comes out to about $40 on Amazon with S&H. of course that was a month or two ago, they've probably come down since. Other than that all I gotta say is Newegg.
    08-31-08 01:36 AM
    Use the 4gb for something else. They're so cheap now that you'll spend more just to sell it.
    08-31-08 01:45 AM
    Ugh, I added 1GB of music to my 8GB card last night and my phone ran sooooooooooo slow! I had to delete 75% of the music just so my phone would work at "normal" speed. Makes me re-think adding a bunch of stuff to the card
    08-31-08 08:12 AM
    I have a 4gb full of music and my 8330 still runs super fast. Make sure your device memory isn't low

08-31-08 09:31 AM
    08-31-08 09:42 AM
    I have an 8GB card, with currently about 1 GB of music, and another 500 MB or so of photos and videos and misc text/mobi reader/word files etc and mine runs super fast! I cant see how the card might slow things down, since the device uses the internal flash mem for virtual mem does it not? And not the micro sd?
    08-31-08 09:43 AM
    There may be programs running in the background. Try pressing alt and the button to the right of the trackball to check.

08-31-08 10:06 AM
    First, AG is correct on the process of backing up and moving data from your 4G to your new 8G chip.

MystikPeril, you might want to also consider checking out Newegg.com
    08-31-08 10:15 AM
    Guys , when you first add media to the card your BlackBerry indexes the contents in the background and that will substantially slow down your BlackBerry. BUT it should not last more than about 15 minutes. I have heard of it taking up to an hour for a fully loaded 8gb card.

08-31-08 12:36 PM
    Guys , when you first add media to the card your BlackBerry indexes the contents in the background and that will substantially slow down your BlackBerry. BUT it should not last more than about 15 minutes. I have heard of it taking up to an hour for a fully loaded 8gb card.

He's right. Other than the blackberry indexing the contents, the contents on the memory card should in no way affect the speed of the BB
    08-31-08 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD