Where can I get the latest and greatest OS 5 for my TMo 8900. Will the "Hutchison" OS in the Sticky work? Is there a generic, non-vendor OS 5 out there somewhere?
    07-05-10 10:43 PM
    I also wondered for a while and after much debate decided to go with OS 5.0.0.509 just because read that was very stable. Got it from Blackberry Spain and has made a huge difference thus far. Love the transition screens, the abundance of themes, the fact that you are not limited to themes for 8900 but also the Bold, 9700 and 9630, pretty much anything but the Storm.
    BB is now more responsive, less time booting up and many new features. Give it try and follow every step of the way. Prepare to spend around one hour and take out any micro card you may have inside 8900 before upgradin. Also, back up all your 3rd party applications, you don't want to spend hours downloading every single one.
    As a precaution, make sure you have the latest DM installed........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 11:27 PM
    I also wondered for a while and after much debate decided to go with OS 5.0.0.509 just because read that was very stable. Got it from Blackberry Spain and has made a huge difference thus far. Love the transition screens, the abundance of themes, the fact that you are not limited to themes for 8900 but also the Bold, 9700 and 9630, pretty much anything but the Storm.
    BB is now more responsive, less time booting up and many new features. Give it try and follow every step of the way. Prepare to spend around one hour and take out any micro card you may have inside 8900 before upgradin. Also, back up all your 3rd party applications, you don't want to spend hours downloading every single one.
    As a precaution, make sure you have the latest DM installed........

I agree with curvedthumb with this one. The latest from hutchison will work if your carrier hasn't released any new OS 5

07-06-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD