I recently tried to update my 8330 curve, which froze while trying to load the applications and said it had a fatal error. By this time it was already in the middle of updating and so my phone froze and is now dead with a white screen and a black bar at the top.

The desktop manager said it would back up my phone before proceeding to update it, but I can't connect to my phone through the desktop manager and it doesn't show that I have any back up files either.

Does this mean the phone's fubar? Or is there something I can do to recover it?

Thanks for any help.
    08-11-09 06:53 PM
    It is not dead, let me search it for you. be with you in a second
    08-11-09 06:55 PM
    08-11-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks Jeffers. Although I ended up having to just reinstall Desktop Manager 4.7 and downgrading to an earlier version of the OS to recover the phone. This put me in the right direction though.
    08-12-09 12:55 AM
    No problem. Good job!!
    08-12-09 12:59 AM
    For future OS upgrades on your Curve, I'd stay away from DM 4.7

As you've found out, it can be buggy when used with older BBs like Pearls and Curves.

I recommend using DM 4.6 and doing manual backups, including 3rd party apps for those situations that you unfortunately found yourself in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

All may not be lost, try looking for a file called LoaderBackup.ipd in your My Documents folder with today's date in it. If it is there, you can use it to restore your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:03 AM
    Goto your carrier and get the latest os and download and install it to your pc. The use jl commander to wipe the berry and use the desktop manager to load the new stable os on your phone. In the help section of this site under the 101 series is a guide on how to recover a nuked blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD