hi everyone, im new to crackberry.com but not new to blackberries, i yesterday i swapped my bold for the curve 8900 and i havent got youtube to play a vid since,i had a 99% success rate on my bold, can someone help me out? these are the things ive tried:

-battery pull
    -download rogers os
    -configure my net settings with rogers over the phone and chat
    -re request service books
    -reregister with rogers
    -downloaded xenozu app, it played a choppy vid with no sound.

any help would be appreciated, i got rid of my bold because it felt too big, and now i regret it big time!!
    08-19-09 05:06 PM
    hi everyone, im new to crackberry.com but not new to blackberries, i yesterday i swapped my bold for the curve 8900 and i havent got youtube to play a vid since,i had a 99% success rate on my bold, can someone help me out? these are the things ive tried:

-battery pull
    -download rogers os
    -configure my net settings with rogers over the phone and chat
    -re request service books
    -reregister with rogers
    -downloaded xenozu app, it played a choppy vid with no sound.

any help would be appreciated, i got rid of my bold because it felt too big, and now i regret it big time!!
    First we'll need some info such as what OS you have installed.
    08-19-09 05:19 PM
    oh, so sorry, my os 4.6.1.250
    08-19-09 09:46 PM
    TTT, somebody help me outtt, please.
    08-20-09 07:12 AM
    Did you just try to go to m.youtube.com with your Blackberry Browser ???
    08-20-09 07:16 AM
    Check your APN settings and make sure they are your carriers settings
    08-20-09 07:28 AM
    Try the Bolt browser if you have no luck with BB browser.
    08-20-09 07:35 AM
    Thanks for the responses everybody.

-i tried m.youtube, no such luck, thats over the last 3 days, here and there.

-apparently my apn settings are correct, i set them with a rogers tech. since then ive seen a couple of vids on youtube, but only with xenozu youtube player. it will play a choppy no sound vid, then reload and play, but i have to watch the ensuing crap first.

-next i will try bolt browser.

am i right in assuming this an os issue that will eventually be resolved due to the 8900's "newness" or is it because of lack of 3g support?
    08-20-09 08:34 AM
    I just got an 8900 last week and tried accessing youtube for the first time tonight. The site loaded just fine, and I was able to select a video. However, when I went to play it I got the error message "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive." What does that mean??
    08-21-09 01:04 AM
    I just got an 8900 last week and tried accessing youtube for the first time tonight. The site loaded just fine, and I was able to select a video. However, when I went to play it I got the error message "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive." What does that mean??
    It means the Server is blocked or unresponsive.... in other words: the server is DOWN!!!
    08-21-09 05:58 AM
    I'd just like to say I'm having the exact same issue with my Bold right now. "Server blocked or unresponsive". Been dealing with it for days, and I highly doubt that the YouTube server has been down all this time.
    I've tried a million different APN settings, and nothing. Always the same result.

So sketchy on these BBs and it's annoying. One day YouTube works, the next it doesn't. Sadly I'm on day 3 or 4 now of it not working properly.

I also feel using a diff browser just for YouTube to be unacceptable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 10:25 AM
    Did you just try to go to m.youtube.com with your Blackberry Browser ???

fatboy97
    - I presume that site works on your 8900? Which OS are you running?
    08-21-09 10:37 AM
    I'd just like to say I'm having the exact same issue with my Bold right now. "Server blocked or unresponsive". Been dealing with it for days, and I highly doubt that the YouTube server has been down all this time.
    I've tried a million different APN settings, and nothing. Always the same result.

So sketchy on these BBs and it's annoying. One day YouTube works, the next it doesn't. Sadly I'm on day 3 or 4 now of it not working properly.

I also feel using a diff browser just for YouTube to be unacceptable.

Have you tried watching on both an EDGE connection and your wifi? if you're getting that problem with wifi only, it's likely your firewall is preventing you from viewing it

08-21-09 10:40 AM
    to the OP you are trying to do this over wifi correct? because if not playing a youtube vid over edge im sure is not a great way to view it and could be the issue.
    08-21-09 10:40 AM
    My problem (on the Bold) is over 3g. Haven't tried stepping down to EDGE to see if it's any better. I can view over WiFi though even that's picky, but I know that's my stupid router. Had a US Robotics router before and it worked perfect. However with my current D-Link one it needs special settings on the router for my BB to play YouTube.

08-21-09 12:02 PM
    to the OP you are trying to do this over wifi correct? because if not playing a youtube vid over edge im sure is not a great way to view it and could be the issue.
    i havent tried a wifi connection yet as im not in any hotspots at work im usually, in the middle of nowhere (with an edge signal still) so when im taking a break id like to relax a bit, maybe watch a vid or two. Again its not the end of the world but I just had a Bold and i pretty much watched whatever i wanted like i was at home on my pc and with this curve the differences are glaring.

I did alot of researching about the differences between the 8900 and 9000 and what the users had to say and never once did this youtube thing popup in my reading, it was always an argument about overall speed of the 2. i never realized what a 3g junkie i am until my fix dissapeared.

I really, really regret getting rid of my bold... oh well javelin,8900,wannabe bold up for sale i guess.
    08-21-09 12:26 PM
    I don't think the message about the server being blocked or unresponsive means its down. I can go to other sites, and I can watch Youtube on other (non-Blackberry) phones in the house. I just can't watch Youtube on my phone.
    08-22-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD