My wife and I switched from T-Mobile to ATT. I got my T-Mobile Curve unlocked and gave it to her to use on the ATT network. I bought the Bold.

We are having a few issues with the Curve.

1. The signal strength is no where near my bold for the same service. Is there a chance it is not picking up all ATT frequencies? Any thoughts?

2. I am not able to set up her yahoo account as it says there is already an account set up for the PIN (which of course is still the same from T-Mobile.

3. There are still reminents of T-Mobile on the phone. When you turn it on, T-Mobile logo comes up and there are a few icons with the logo. It says ATT once you get to the home screen.

Are we going to have these issues and have to live with them or should it work without a hitch?
    11-15-08 10:49 PM
    1. Can't comment on that.

2. You need to release the PIN from Tmobile, and register it on AT&T.

3. Nope, can't change that.
    11-15-08 10:53 PM
    I know with sprint I can call BB Tech and they can give you the username that is assigned to the PIN so you can set up the email

have you done a hard reset?
    11-15-08 10:53 PM
    I did a hard reset but it did not seem to make a difference.

Also, I thought that unlocking the phone was also resetting the PIN, I guess not.
    11-15-08 11:03 PM
    Get her a BB with ATT..They aren't that much with a 2 yr contract
    11-16-08 02:52 PM
    I did a hard reset but it did not seem to make a difference.

Also, I thought that unlocking the phone was also resetting the PIN, I guess not.
    Can not reset the PIN, it's like a serial number for your berry.
    11-16-08 02:57 PM
    1. It's possible but unlikely. Make sure her SIM card is okay. I've used my Rogers curve unlocked on both AT&T and Tmobile. I've found Tmobile just tends to have better signal...so just make sure she's in a good signal area.

2. You need to call Tmobile and release the PIN. Then you can set it up on AT&T's BIS. I think that maybe once you do this it'll fix some of your signal issues since right now it's trying to connect to Tmobile's BIS through AT&T's Bis and is probably confusing the poor BB.

3. The Tmobile logo on startup is programed into the phone, it will always be there, and it doesn't affect it's service. For the icons, again it's service books from Tmobile, just hide the icons. They don't affect service.
    11-16-08 03:02 PM
    my memory is hazy but i recall reading a thread on the startup login screen and what do about it, try doing a search, i would help but i was jacked up on redbull at 4am so i couldnt tell you where its located
    12-09-08 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD