Hi I have an unlocked 8520 running on OS 4.6

I had it unlocked and I managed to get the interent working as i have unlimited interent on my 02 sim.

but although the browser works none of the interent dependant apps work such as google maps or facebook app.

I know other apps like the bb messenger wont work or pin messages as i dont have blackberry service on my account, but seeing as the blackberry browser works i think there must be a way to make googlemaps work.

I have correct apn settings as the built in Blackberry browser connects and works.

I understand i cannot use BB messenger or email as they are RIM services but seeing as the built in browser worked by tweaking the settings i thought there would be a way for googlemaps and facebook to work seeing as they only run there data throught the normal gprs channels.

I had to change some advanced settings and also change the apn settings.

It appears that the googlemaps is still trying to access the interent through another apn or setting somewhere else in the phone. I have been althrough the phone and the only thing i can thinks of is service books.

That brings me onto another wierd problem the phone oringinally had tmobile service books seeing as it was locked to tmobile but now the 02 sim is in it has 02 service books yet I never sent them or changed them in any way. Does the phone automaticlly add serice books to the type of sim inserted or something?

I know u guys can give me a lil bit of advice it will be much appreciated.
    05-31-10 05:12 PM
    I think that Facebook or Google Maps need BIS in order to work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:16 PM
    No, you are correct, you need a BIS plan for those two apps. As far as the service books, the answer is yes, as soon as a connection is established with the carrier of the SIM card, the service books are downloaded.
    05-31-10 08:41 PM
    ok so if i need a bis to use this what about a bes account? say i know a company that can add me onto there bes would that give me access to these features? ?
    06-01-10 01:33 AM
    ok so if i need a bis to use this what about a bes account? say i know a company that can add me onto there bes would that give me access to these features? ?
    Unless you work for the company, they will not just add you. BES is even more expensive than BIS. You wouldn't want your personal BlackBerry on BES anyway. The company can read all your messages, restrict your apps, know who you call, etc. due to IT policy. Nothing is private on BES.

If my company wanted me on BES they would have to supply a work BlackBerry. I'd carry 2 (1 work and 1 personal). My personal stuff is none of their business.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-01-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD