My Wife has a Storm and she hates it. I went on eBay and got an unlocked 8310. It was branded with ATT but it accepted her Verizon SIM card. I can't make, or receive, calls. All I get are three increasing tones. From some of the other posts I looked at the Host Routing Tables but it is blank and when I try to register it says it is cued but is wating for a connection.

When I went to the Blackberry site and went to the Verizon section to resend the routing tables it said that the device was not configured for the carrier.

Now what?
    08-18-09 12:58 AM
    You need an 8330 for Verizon. An 8310 won't work. The Verizon SIM card is for overseas roaming only. Verizon doesn't use sim cards in USA as their system is CDMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 01:03 AM
    Wow, someone didn't do their homework.

Sell, the 8310, and as posted above, look for a 8330 that is Verizon branded. Don't get a Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, Telus, Bell, etc. 8330 and expect to "unlock" it to work on Verizon. CDMA phones can't be unlocked like GSM phones.

P.S. When you sell the 8310, an unlocked GSM phone is worth slightly more than a phone locked to a particular network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-18-09 at 03:30 AM.
    08-18-09 03:26 AM
    How come my Wife's Storm has a SIMM card? Can't I just put that in the 8310?
    08-18-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD