Just a question about my home screen display. About dead centre across the top of the home screen, underneath the date, is a little circle icon with a plus sign inside it - it kind of resembles cross-hairs, actually. It's not causing any problems with my phone, but I'm curious to know what it indicates.
    For what it's worth, it looks like it's in about the same position as the little triangle icon that indicates when I'm roaming, so could it have something to do with my coverage area or something? Thanks for any info.
    08-12-09 11:00 AM
    I have the same thing on my pearl, I figure its just a coverage thing. ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 11:01 AM
    its a gps icon
    08-12-09 11:01 AM
    That sounds like the GPS symbol. It will have more lines to the right if you have location turned on.
    08-12-09 11:02 AM
    That sounds like the GPS symbol. It will have more lines to the right if you have location turned on.
    Good call. I just tried turning the GPS Location on instead of having it set to E911 only and those lines you were talking about appeared. I guess the icon by itself just means I have GPS coverage. Thanks for the info.
    08-12-09 12:48 PM
    Good call. I just tried turning the GPS Location on instead of having it set to E911 only and those lines you were talking about appeared. I guess the icon by itself just means I have GPS coverage. Thanks for the info.
    No, it means that your GPS is set to 911 only. It will allow emergency responders to locate your position, but you will not be able to use it in applications to pinpoint your location.
    08-12-09 02:00 PM
    No, it means that your GPS is set to 911 only. It will allow emergency responders to locate your position, but you will not be able to use it in applications to pinpoint your location.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
    08-12-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD