I have a Blackberry 8310, using microsoft vista, with dm 4.6. When syncing, I get an "unkown error report". I need some direction with this - I searched the forums and found one entry, but I could not get it corrected. Any suggestions?

Tim
    09-26-08 08:44 PM
    Problem
    When selecting Synchronize > Configuration tab > Configure synch from BlackBerry Desktop Manager in Windows Vista, the following error message displays:

Unknown Error Reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Complete the following resolutions in order, starting with Resolution 1. Once the issue has been resolved, do not perform any subsequent resolutions.

Resolution 1

On the computer, open the Control Panel.
    Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
    Click on BlackBerry Desktop Software and click Change/Remove.
    Click Repair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution 2

Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista. To perform this, complete the following steps:

On the computer, open the Control Panel.
    Under User Account and Family settings click Add or remove user account.
    Choose one of the user accounts or the Guest account.
    Under the account, choose Go to the main User Account.
    Under Make changes to your user account, click on the Change security settings link.
    Under Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure, click Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer to disable UAC.
    Click OK.
    Restart your computer.

Note: You can enable UAC from the same location. There are many ways to disable UAC but, doing so from the Control Panel is the easiest way.

Resolution 3

Disable any anti-virus software that may be running on the computer.
    Repair the installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the steps listed under Resolution 1. Alternatively, reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    09-26-08 08:50 PM
    I have tried the first 2 and am not aware of any antivirus software on this machine. It is a new laptop from work. Should I also turn off the windows firewall?
    09-26-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD