Hey, does anyone know of an app for undeleting messages, besides the Fixmo Tools app(looking for something cheaper, and I don't use any of it's other features)? Been searching this site, to no avail. Thx.

What's the deal with the BB not having a trash folder anyway? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yogi2000; 07-10-10 at 03:17 PM.
    07-10-10 03:00 PM
    It does not need a trash folder. Use gmail or even Yahoo and it stores everything necessary so you can keep your berry uncluttered.
    07-10-10 03:31 PM
    That's true about Gmail and Yahoo... For some reason I like using a Blackberry address, for certain things, and I like being able to retrieve deleted messages if necessary. I used to have a T-mobile Sidekick, and it had trash folders for the native email as well as text, and I guess I got used to having that.

07-10-10 03:53 PM
    Fixmo dropped price tag to $9.99. I got it free since I did beta testing and althou I agree the price is a bit steep (less now than before), that's the only application that's gonna deliver what you're looking for.

The other sub-applications are of no use for you? wow... but they're so nice...

Well, one workaround could be forwarding these emails to another inbox that way you could always get them if you need to. That is, if you can set forwarding on @blackberry accounts...
    07-10-10 09:04 PM
    Oh ok, that's cool, thx diego. Well, I did the free trial, and I never used any of the other features... but maybe I didn't know what they were for, or didn't have occasion to use them. I wasn't a fan of the battery notifications, they didn't help me at all. I felt like I didn't need the flame retardant thing, and I wasn't sure about the reply with edit. But anyway, hmmm, maybe I'll buy it and end up using the features. Thx for the help.

07-10-10 10:28 PM
    Oh ok, that's cool, thx diego. Well, I did the free trial, and I never used any of the other features... but maybe I didn't know what they were for, or didn't have occasion to use them. I wasn't a fan of the battery notifications, they didn't help me at all. I felt like I didn't need the flame retardant thing, and I wasn't sure about the reply with edit. But anyway, hmmm, maybe I'll buy it and end up using the features. Thx for the help.

If you're like me and keep your phone charged, they aren't useful. But if you are like me and have unusual run outs that stress the phone o the limit, it's nice to know when you hit the 25, 10 and 5 % barriers.

FR saved my arse a few times. Provided I feed it with the right amout of bad words (specially those that might happen when you mistype!).

There are 9 functions if you're running 5.0. I'd read their site and make sure you actually need at least 4 of them (maybe even 5) before you decide to buy. I really only USE FR and Silencer, since all my mail is only deleted from the device, I only needed Undelete once. But I must say it saved M* S**** A** that time...
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-11-10 at 12:09 AM.
    07-11-10 12:06 AM
    Haha, that's cool that it saved your arse

I should perhaps think about using only my yahoo and msn emails accounts, since they are backed up. I used to use a Sidekick, and you could set up yahoo and msn on them, but the messages would take HOURS to be forwarded, if they ever came at all! But now with the BB, they come usually within a minute, so I could easily use those accounts only.

I probably wouldn't need 4 of the utilities on Fixmo, but I might buy it anyway. For me, the battery thing becomes a chore of having to dismiss the notifications. But yeah, I can see the FR feature being useful sometimes, lol. And for some other features, don't you have to download extra things?

Last edited by yogi2000; 07-11-10 at 12:52 AM.
    07-11-10 12:48 AM
    4 new features to download:

Speed Test: I won't describe this one...
    Call Indicator: Changes the LED color so you know when it is flashing for a call;
    MeetMe: To help you schedule meetings;
    One last Call: (4.5/4.6 only) Allows you to force radio on when battery is too low.

I only got speedtest. The calendar is all I use to set up meetings. I know my free time well enough lol. Got Buzzme Premium and ColorID free, so LED colors are good enough.
    07-11-10 01:02 AM
    Hey, One Last Call sounds good... I have wondered why the device stays on even when the battery is 'too low for radio use', I have always thought that was funky and kind of useless. So that would be cool to have. But yeah, I hear ya on the calendar thing... I don't need that.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

Last edited by yogi2000; 07-11-10 at 01:22 AM.
    07-11-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD