how do I unblock parental controls? Brand new Curve 8900 and I have not set controls, so must be the way it comes???
    11-02-09 11:53 AM
    I've never seen any parental control options on my BB's

Sounds like a carrier thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 12:03 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Where on the phone is this happening? In the browser? Where?
    11-02-09 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Where on the phone is this happening? In the browser? Where?
    same thing i was wondering - i've yet to see " parental controls " on the device... most of the PC are set via the account holder and the carrier of the phone.
    11-02-09 12:09 PM
    Parental controls for T-Mobile and most other carriers are setup on the carrier side
    and can only be changed by the account owner. There is nothing on your phone
    that can be adjusted or modified to change it.
    11-02-09 12:10 PM
    in the browser.
    11-02-09 12:12 PM
    in the browser.
    What are you wanting to do with the browser that it will not allow you to do?

11-02-09 12:18 PM
    Sorry to the OP

Just noticed that Tricia is probably a lady who wouldn't dream of surfing for smutty stuff like us blokes do...

...or is that just me?

11-02-09 12:39 PM
    Actually Phill (fooled you heehee) ...... I own a lingerie shop/website. I'm trying to bring up my own website and bookmark it, but it won't let me.
    11-02-09 12:49 PM
    Hmmm... send me a link and I'll see if it works on my phone

11-02-09 12:52 PM
    secretsandmore

.com
    11-02-09 01:02 PM
    Yup, that works.

Just ordered a Floral Tapestry Strapless Corset... in my size too

11-02-09 01:10 PM
    If this is your website then you must be 18 or over to have signed for/paid for the site.

Given that, how come you can't just call T-Mobile and have them lift any parental controls. Surely if you own this site, Mom and Pop can't possibly wish to control what sites you can view.

What's going on?

btw: The site worked fine on my PC and my BlackBerry.
    11-02-09 01:11 PM

And here is my reasoning, this person is stating that they are looking for a parental block removal. anyone over the age of 18 would of know that you need to call the carrier and have them remove. and if someone is slumming on forums trying to figure out how to do it. prolly a underage male trying to get on bigboobs.com and mommy and daddy won't let them, and as far as "owning the website"....

Secrets has been a tradition in Wareham, Massachusetts for over 19 years inspiring romance with its beautiful lingerie, sexy apparel accessories, and fun adult novelties. We pride ourselves in offering the finest in fabrics from soft and sexy silks to elegant treasures in lace. All of our beautiful lingerie is designed to create the perfect sensuous evening whether you're in an elegant, sultry mood or prefer a cute and sexy attitude.
    they've been in buisness for 19 years, i don't think a minor would nor could "own" a store that has been around that long nor be allowed to with local and federal laws in place. and they wouldn't be worring about the site from a mobile phone.... and my reasoning for that is simple, they show an actual store- so this place does walk-in buisness as well as mail order.....

2+2 just isn't coming to 4 in this thread.....
    11-02-09 01:31 PM
    That's some detective work there mjneid, but I spot a flaw in your logic...

I didn't know that my carrier had slapped a 'parental block' on ALL their customer's accounts a few years ago. It wasn't until I created an online account that I even realised it existed.

I had no idea it was there, and certainly didn't know that a quick call could have it removed... and I'm in my 40's

11-02-09 01:49 PM
    I am a grown woman and business owner. I've called T-Mobile a gazillion times in the last few days trying to figure various settings out. I posted my original question hoping to avoid another call and get an easy answer as to changing parental settings on the phone itself. Now I have learned it's not possible. I'm on hold now with customer care to request parental controls be unblocked. Guess I should have just done that in the first place. Trying to save time backfired.

Thank you everyone for your posts.
    11-02-09 02:12 PM
    Great choice, Phill~!!
    11-02-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD