My blackberry happily receives emails from my three email accounts. When sending emails it is still using the original signature "Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device". I should like to change this but when I go into the setup (in my case it is the url for o2email dot co dot uk) and edit, change the signature and try to save the change I get an error message from bis.eu.blackberry.com which states "An error occurred during email account validation". The problem arises whichever of the three email accounts I try to edit. The O2 helpline is unable to solve this and Blackberry does not provide a helpline to O2 customers. So I should be most grateful for a solution through the forum.

I am familiar with autotext and can use that to add my name and phone number to emails with just two keys. But I'd still like to remove the automatic "sent from my Blackberry....." signature.

Many thanks for your help

Michael
    09-12-09 10:33 AM
    I think you are going to have to contact the O2 technical support again. This seems to be an issue with their BIS server specifically. Did you try different things like changing it be completely blank or just putting one letter in there just to see if it would save any change?
    09-12-09 10:43 AM
    Thank you for replying so quickly. Yes, I tried blank and I tried various options. All got the same error message. Unfortunately O2 will let you talk only to Customer Services. When they don't know the answer, they put you on hold and phone the Techies but they refuse to put you through to the Techies. That may work sometimes but not when the Customer Services rep does not understand the question or the answer.
    I'm hoping someone on the forum may have come across the problem before.
    09-12-09 10:53 AM
    I just checked in my BIS manager for you (different carrier) and I could modify the signature with no problems. This is definitely an issue with O2s BIS server. Don't take no for an answers. Tell them you spoke with a few of your friends on different carriers and it works fine for them so it must be a problem with the O2 system.
    09-12-09 11:03 AM
    Just edited mine on O2 without a problem.
    09-12-09 12:55 PM
    Maybe you would have success if you logged on th OSs website from a computer and make the change.
    09-12-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD