Yesterday, all of a sudden, my BB8900 stop receiving emails. Quickly sent service books and waited and then noticed that all my emails were gone from my messages folder. Took cover out and pulled out battery and after a good 5 minutes this showed up on the screen "Uncaught exception
    Java.lang.WillPointerExcepton" Clicked ok and proceeded. Tried again sending an email from my Saved Folder and after a short wait this showed up on my screen "Uncaught Exception Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(225) is not responding" Later on at home tried to do a restore to 9/22, far behind this, and now i get this "There was a communication error between device and the Desktop manager"
    Has anyone have this problem? What else can i do?
    I am able to get my messages using Google application but the rest of my email accounts have been silenced.
    Also, noticed that all the icons for my email accounts, two with yahoo, one with live.com and my blackberry accounts are all missing.
    Hoping there is a true crackberry savior out there!!!
    09-30-09 10:27 AM
    Sounds like the 3rd Party Theme Problem, check the link in my signature for information on that.
    09-30-09 11:20 AM
    Sounds like the 3rd Party Theme Problem, check the link in my signature for information on that.
    Thanks for your advice......Changed to Precision Silver stock theme, did a battery pull and the uncaught exception warning came up again. Then tried to open the message folder and it did not and another number (63) came up with the same wording...."net_rim_bb_messaging" etc..........should I install a different OS?? I am running 4.6.1.231
    09-30-09 04:20 PM
    i would upgrade to .250 its very stable, and not had any issues with it
    09-30-09 04:42 PM
    i would upgrade to .250 its very stable, and not had any issues with it
    Great. Will try that tomorrow. In the meantime, does any one know how to wipe clean the BB 8900?
    I am afraid of unistalling themes since I firmly believe that the Elicite free thme I won two days ago and uninstall rather quickly after not being too pleased with the icons and overall layout was the culprit.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD