I have been experiencing a very frustrating issue over the last few days. I have a BB Corporate data plan, yet, whenever I leave a Wi-Fi connection area (i.e. my home) I am no longer able to receive e-mail messages or browse the Internet.

My company's IT Administrator who is very knowledgeable about BB's suggested I call T-Mobile's tech support, which I did. They had me run through a series of steps via the Options section to resolve this issue, but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or can provide any insight to help me out? I've only had this phone for 2 months and as you might expect, T-Mobile will only provide me with a "refurbished" BB if it comes to this point.
    06-14-08 01:32 AM
    Since wed. Morning I've only been able to to do any data thru wifi (yim, aim, facebook, browser, bbm, emali) tmo hasn't helped me out at all! I'm really angry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 01:38 AM
    I can't receive anything without wifi! Email, instant messeging, no web browsing, google maps! Tmo has helped me 3x's already and its gotten me nowhere! I made a post about this eirler today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 01:42 AM
    Shot in the dark, but try sending your service books.
    06-14-08 02:43 AM
    its found in Options, Advanced.
    06-14-08 02:45 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

T-Mobile supports Wifi with Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA).

When it is correctly configured, your Curve will send a heartbeat through Wifi when it has connected. That message will cause the UMA server to switch voice and data through the UMA connection.

When you move outside the Wifi range, the heartbeat signal stops, and the UMA server "should" switch over to EDGE service. When it is working correctly, it is seamless.

Your failure is occurring during the switch back to EDGE.

I presume between your IT staff and T-Mobiles support, the UMA configuration has been verified, but it does no harm to check.

Start with a good Wifi connection.

Open Manage Connections / Wifi Options / Wifi Diagnostics. UMA is a page down. You should be seeing "green" connections with no error messages.

Move away from your router. As the signal strength weakens, you should see the UMA indicator change to EDGE. In your case, that is where we expect to see a failure.

Check the Wifi Diagnostics again. This time, there will likely be an error message and that will provide the clue support needs to understand your problem.

When you are viewing the report, you can save a copy for later reference by emailing it to yourself or Support.

Good luck, it does work very well once everything is working together.
    06-14-08 10:17 AM
    Calderon & Stoner thanks for your assistance. I resent my Service Books and followed the instructions for troubleshooting Wi-Fi diagnostics (the error message was W010).

At the end of the day I made a visit to my local T-Mo store here in San Diego after being advised by T-Mo tech support to try changing the Sim card. Immediately after I replaced the sim card (a little over 3 years old), I began to receive my email and connect to the Internet instantly.
    06-15-08 08:26 PM
    Well... who would have thought.

Glad to hear your productive again.
    06-16-08 12:59 AM
    yea i had the same problem yesterday, and today i changed my SIM card and it was fixed..

thanks!
    06-16-08 03:36 PM
    i'm having this exact problem as well. Did anyone else replace their sim card and have the issue resolved? I'm going to try this tomorrow.
    06-18-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD