I work for a company, but technically I am a contracted employee. For that reason, I am unable to be on their Blackberry server. When I try and load the webmail address (webmail.xxx.com) It says Error 403: Forbidden. Does anybody know how to access this? Or how to get around this problem? With my old smartphone I was able to hit that webmail site, and check my email that way.
    02-03-09 04:27 PM
    You can add an OWA account to your e-mail accounts on your phone if you wish. This might not be what you're looking for though. If you want to do it via a browser, you can download Opera Mini or something and try that. Otherwise, here are the instructions on how to add it to your BlackBerry.

Add a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address
    02-03-09 04:30 PM
    HTTP Error 403 Forbidden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB03956
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and 4.1
    BlackBerry� Mobile Data System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    When the BlackBerry smartphone user attempts to use the BlackBerry� Browser, one of the following error messages appears on the BlackBerry smartphone:

HTTP Response Code 403 Forbidden. Not authorized to access link.

HTTP Error 403 Forbidden. You are not authorized to use this page.

Also, the BlackBerry Mobile Data System (MDAT) log shows entries similar to the following example:

HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden

IPPP, u2e Not authorized to access Yahoo!

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

Pull access control may not be correctly configured.
    The BlackBerry smartphone cache contains old or invalid data for the web site that the BlackBerry smartphone user is attempting to access.
    The web site is blocked by a proxy or firewall.

Resolution
    Complete the appropriate resolution for the cause.

Cause 1
    Pull access control may not be correctly configured.

Resolution

Configure pull access control.

Open BlackBerry Manager.
    In the Explorer view pane, select the BlackBerry MDS-CS Service.
    Click Edit Properties.
    Select Access Control.
    Set Pull Authorization to False.

Cause 2
    The BlackBerry smartphone cache contains old or invalid data for the web site that the BlackBerry smartphone user is attempting to access.

Resolution

Clear the BlackBerry Browser cache from the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB03865.

Cause 3
    The web site is blocked by a proxy or firewall.

Resolution

Contact the administrator to have adjustments made to the firewall or proxy settings.

Workaround
    To work around this issue, use the BlackBerry smartphone to set the default browser to Internet Browser.

On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Browser.
    Press the Menu key, and click Options.
    Click General Properties. The default browser appears.
    Press the Menu key, and click Change Option.
    Select Internet Browser.
    Press the Menu key and click Save Options.
    In General Properties, press the Menu key, and click Close.

Additional Information
    If the Internet browser is not available, it may be blocked by an IT policy set on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For more information, see KB10936.
    02-03-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD