Has anyone had this occur to them?

I went to Florida last weekend and had NO reception. I stayed at a friend's house that had a wireless router and decided to take advantage of UMA on my Blackberry.

But after 3 hrs on the phone with UMA, I have developed a headache on the side where I held my cellphone.

1 week has passed and once in awhile, the headaches creeps back. Should I worry?
    08-29-09 11:37 PM
    I've used the phone with UMA and have never had this happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:55 PM

I went to Florida last weekend and had NO reception. I stayed at a friend's house that had a wireless router and decided to take advantage of UMA on my Blackberry.

But after 3 hrs on the phone with UMA, I have developed a headache on the side where I held my cellphone.

1 week has passed and once in awhile, the headaches creeps back. Should I worry?
    I think that perhaps your putting a tad too much thought into this.

08-30-09 12:00 AM
    If persists would suggest you see your physician. UMA has nothing to do with this but after 3 hours on the phone you probably increased muscle tension in your neck and developed muscle tension headache.

Doc
    08-30-09 09:54 AM
    I think spending 3 hrs on the phone, over EDGE, UMA, or otherwise, will cause a headache but not from the wireless signal. Besides, UMA and other wireless communications have been tested extensively to make sure that they are safe for use. If people were getting headaches after using UMA, people would get nervous and more tests would be done.
    08-30-09 09:59 AM
    Next time try and use a headset.
    08-30-09 11:05 AM
    Maybe its just psychological, but I prefer wired earpieces since I had a similar headache. Nothing since and no kinks in my neck and no radio waves right next to my noggin. Maybe they are harmless, maybe not, but for comfort and just in case I'm sticking with it.

08-30-09 02:29 PM
    Sounds like your brain has been microwaved

...a tasty airline snack for Dr Lecter
    08-30-09 02:56 PM
    I guess if I use my phone on UMA long enough I'll eventually have one or two headaches as well... Let's all blame it on UMA, or should we blame it on the phone, or the phone company, or on Florida!!!

08-30-09 03:06 PM

I use UMA ALL THE TIME. Indeed, I'd say well over 50% of my calls are made via UMA. I never have any problems. I think UMA is the coolest thing ever invented for a cell phone.

I'm not an MD but I rather doubt that you could develop a brain tumor in 3 hours which is the issue you seem to be worried about. If these concerns and this paranoia continues, I'd recommend that you stop using cell phones. The stress isn't worth it for you.

If your physical problems continue, you need to see a doctor. I doubt that using UMA did anything to your head but a persistent headache for over a week is a sign of something more serious.
    08-30-09 03:10 PM
    Maybe its just psychological, but I prefer wired earpieces since I had a similar headache. Nothing since and no kinks in my neck and no radio waves right next to my noggin. Maybe they are harmless, maybe not, but for comfort and just in case I'm sticking with it.

Sorry to break it to you, but Radio Waves (and other electromagnetic waves) are passing through your brain (and the rest of your body) regardless if you are using a cell phone or not. Radio stations, cellular towers, satellite systems, GPS systems, etc are all constantly broadcasting and affecting your life regardless if you are using any of the technologies.
    08-30-09 03:26 PM
    It's a tumor. Sorry, wish you could have more time to increase that post count...
    08-30-09 06:13 PM
    Sorry to break it to you, but Radio Waves (and other electromagnetic waves) are passing through your brain (and the rest of your body) regardless if you are using a cell phone or not. Radio stations, cellular towers, satellite systems, GPS systems, etc are all constantly broadcasting and affecting your life regardless if you are using any of the technologies.
    aristile is 100% correct. I use UMA every day and have never had a headache because of it. You really should try a bluetooth headset. Makes life so much easier and is a lot safer than holding a phone to your head. That's so 90's!

08-30-09 06:30 PM
    I use UMA ALL THE TIME. Indeed, I'd say well over 50% of my calls are made via UMA. I never have any problems. I think UMA is the coolest thing ever invented for a cell phone.

I'm not an MD but I rather doubt that you could develop a brain tumor in 3 hours which is the issue you seem to be worried about. If these concerns and this paranoia continues, I'd recommend that you stop using cell phones. The stress isn't worth it for you.

If your physical problems continue, you need to see a doctor. I doubt that using UMA did anything to your head but a persistent headache for over a week is a sign of something more serious.
    lmao.......get him a tin foil hat.......lmao rofl
    08-31-09 07:20 PM
    It's a tumor. Sorry, wish you could have more time to increase that post count...
    Hilarious.
    08-31-09 07:39 PM
    lmao.......get him a tin foil hat.......lmao rofl
    LOL. Remember the scene in the old Mel Gibson movie "Signs" where they were all sitting around with tin foil hats on so the aliens couldn't read their thoughts.

Priceless.
    08-31-09 07:41 PM
    i disabled UMA..., i dont miss it or care about it. you have to ask yourself does UMA really make using the 8900 better? for me no
    08-31-09 09:55 PM
    UMA is a standout feature on the device....for me the answer was YES....def. YES.....and I would suspect most would say the same......I used to use 2000-2400 minutes a month with VZW.....switched to TMO and got the 9.99 HS plan......now with UMA.....70-100 minutes of my plan......so UMA has shown a real net gain for me in reduction of my wireless bill!!
    09-01-09 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD