Hi, Basically I want to know if Orange charge you if making calls under UMA mode, as the reception in my house is very awful, when I connect to my home network I get good signal using the UMA mode.

I heared that when making calls under UMA it is free, is this correct?

Thanks.
    09-06-09 07:39 PM
    Not sure about Orange but most carriers will charge you a fee for UMA access. Just give them a call and see what they say.
    09-06-09 08:09 PM
    UMA is only free if you add the additional service to your account for it. If you do not add the service then minutes used via UMA are deducted from your account as they would normally.
    09-06-09 08:35 PM
    Hi, Basically I want to know if Orange charge you if making calls under UMA mode, as the reception in my house is very awful, when I connect to my home network I get good signal using the UMA mode.

I heared that when making calls under UMA it is free, is this correct?

Thanks.
    Hi, yes UMA is free with Orange provided you have Orange broadband and a livebox router, i have this set-up and all calls made over UMA show up as ( homezone ) on your bill.

I did have to call CS and ask them to add "unique" to my account to allow free UMA calling, Unique is a free service with nothing to pay but needs to be activated on your account.

hope this helps.
    09-08-09 02:56 AM
    I have virgin internet an use UMA all the time with orange and it just comes off my min
    09-08-09 09:41 AM
    Hi, yes UMA is free with Orange provided you have Orange broadband and a livebox router, i have this set-up and all calls made over UMA show up as ( homezone ) on your bill.

I did have to call CS and ask them to add "unique" to my account to allow free UMA calling, Unique is a free service with nothing to pay but needs to be activated on your account.

hope this helps.
    I have virgin internet an use UMA all the time with orange and it just comes off my min
    Yea, the Orange Broadband and livebox router has nothing to do with the ability to get UMA or have it free. UMA will work via a WiFi connection as long as the wireless network is properly configured, the device supports UMA and the carrier supports UMA.

d-tech007 - The reason your calls are free is because you added the additional add-on service to your account. It has nothing to do with the type of router or type of Internet service provider you are using. If you do not add that to your account then the when you use UMA, the calls will just be deducted the same way they are when you do not use UMA
    09-08-09 10:46 AM
    Hi, Basically I want to know if Orange charge you if making calls under UMA mode, as the reception in my house is very awful, when I connect to my home network.
    Orange and T-Mobile have announced today that they will merge their UK operations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 11:46 AM
    Didn't know Orange too well but I know T-mobile, you have to pay an extra $9.99. So I did some research and found this via google

Orange offers Unique phone service for VoIP and mobile calling from one handset

You need to sign up for the unique plan in order to make calls from your home free, if you choose not to select this plan the minutes will be deducted from your monthly minutes.

& P.S, You do not need any special kind of router, your provider just recommends one of theirs because it has been tested to work with UMA, its just like when the first xbox came out they had a list of compatible routers but guess what others not listed on that list worked just fine.
    09-08-09 01:21 PM
    Didn't know Orange too well but I know T-mobile, you have to pay an extra $9.99.
    You need to sign up for the unique plan in order to make calls from your home free, if you choose not to select this plan the minutes will be deducted from your monthly minutes.
    Anyone can make UMA calls for free. I do, they don't cost anything (as long as I don't go over my allotted minutes). The $9.99 plan was designed for people who use their Tmob phone as their only phone with a lot of min. from home. However most Tmob customers can get unlimited minutes for $50 now so I bet a lot of the $9.99 crowd bailed out on that option.
    09-08-09 01:27 PM
    Anyone can make UMA calls for free. I do, they don't cost anything (as long as I don't go over my allotted minutes). The $9.99 plan was designed for people who use their Tmob phone as their only phone with a lot of min. from home. However most Tmob customers can get unlimited minutes for $50 now so I bet a lot of the $9.99 crowd bailed out on that option.
    if you read, that is what the OP is asking.

I know you can use UMA without having the Hot spot calling feature as I do it already, I use it because my coverage around my house is horrible and this is the best way to receive texts & calling people. But it still gets deducted from my monthly minutes, what I was trying to explain is that if they don't want the minutes deducted from there monthly pool they would have to sign up for that.

That is what everyone in this post is trying to discuss, I just found the information.
    09-08-09 01:36 PM
    I'm one of the people who bailed. Went with the loyalty so i do not need to pay the 9.99 anymore but still use UMA at home for better call quality/clarity/service.
    09-08-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD