I'm not too sure of what my problem is, but whenever I'm at home my UMA will stay on, work well and read in ALL CAPITALS. However, after a while, my UMA will turn off and switch back to EDGE when I'm in the same spot as before. After it switches to EDGE, it will eventually reconnect to UMA, however it will read in all lower case: uma. This lower case version of UMA is a lot slower, takes forever to send texts, and is nearly impossible to use phone calls.

I think I've narrowed it down to a Router issue, because whenever I connect to a friend's wireless router, UMA will work flawlessly and how it's intended. Does anybody have any of the same problems or issues? Hopefully somebody will have some explanation and possibly a solution.

Router: Netgear WPN824 v3.

Its on WPA2-PSK [AES] for the security settings.
    I'm also on Channel 11 on bands b and g.

Thanks.
    Vinny
    08-03-09 01:45 AM
    There is some good information in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/uma-setup-how-206217/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:49 AM
    Check the UMA Guide link in my signature.
    08-03-09 01:50 AM
    Yeah I've already tried this, and I don't think it helped. I never have signal in my house, maybe that might be the case? I'm usually lucky if I get 1 or 2 bars. Certain areas I receive 3 bars.'

Also, I don't see anything in my router options about IPsec.
    08-03-09 02:21 AM
    You may want to run a WIFI site survey to see what channel the neighboring networks are operating on and switch to another one. A strong network on the same channel as yours can cause problems.
    08-03-09 08:07 PM
    Have you tried this?

Go to OPTIONS, then MOBILE NETWORK, CONNECTION PREFERENCE: WiFi Preferred.

I've noticed that when that setting is set to Mobile Network Preferred (and I'm at home) I can see my phone switching from EDGE to UMA depending on where I'm at in the house. Once I made the change, my phone automatically goes to UMA when I get into my house.
    08-03-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD