Ok so basically if you want free unlimited calls with UMA I NEED the hotspot subscription for $9.99 correct?

Now what if I don't have it (I just use the blackberry plan). I realize that the UMA will take off the minutes I use on my plan, but do I still get free nights and weekends??
    08-02-09 09:56 AM
    Ok so basically if you want free unlimited calls with UMA I NEED the hotspot subscription for $9.99 correct?

Now what if I don't have it (I just use the blackberry plan). I realize that the UMA will take off the minutes I use on my plan, but do I still get free nights and weekends??
    Your plan is the same when using wireless or UMA so you will still have your free nights and weekends.
    08-02-09 11:13 AM
    I don't even know what it is. Where would I go to turn it on? When I look in manage connections, WIFI is there but not UMA. I have only seen it when I pull into a Starbucks, so I assumed that it was their free internet.
    Last edited by BocaDog; 08-02-09 at 12:26 PM.
    08-02-09 11:34 AM
    I don't even know what it is. Where would I go to turn it on? When I look in manage connections, WIFI is there but not UMA. I have only seen it when I pull into a Starbucks, so I assumed that it was their free internet.
    HAHA, never mind. I looked at that set up UMA guide and that looks as fun as trying to open a port through Comcast for P2P sharing. Like is too short to aggravate myself when it is not necessary! Fugettaboutit!
    08-02-09 12:30 PM
    Your plan is the same when using wireless or UMA so you will still have your free nights and weekends.
    Alright now what about the free t-mobile to t-mobile calling. Is that still in effect if I use UMA mode? The t-mobile dealer said he wasn't sure if using uma would take off my minutes if I called a t-mobile customer.
    08-02-09 01:01 PM
    your plan will stay the same if you add on unlimited hotspot calling, the only difference will be that any UMA call will not deduct from your minutes. everything else stays the same
    08-02-09 01:13 PM
    Alright now what about the free t-mobile to t-mobile calling. Is that still in effect if I use UMA mode? The t-mobile dealer said he wasn't sure if using uma would take off my minutes if I called a t-mobile customer.
    If your plan has T-Mobile to T-Mobile then you can use it over UMA also.
    08-02-09 01:51 PM
    HAHA, never mind. I looked at that set up UMA guide and that looks as fun as trying to open a port through Comcast for P2P sharing. Like is too short to aggravate myself when it is not necessary! Fugettaboutit!
    It's really not hard at all. What difficulty are you having?
    08-02-09 05:10 PM

First off you need a wifi capable phone... then on Tmobile you can set it to auto connect to alot of places so you don't have to do anything if you go there again .

to set up a connection or FIND a connection in a wifi zone takes about 5 seconds. The "set-up " is programmed into most phones"all of tmobile wifi phones" and is just a few clicks and your connected
    08-02-09 06:03 PM
    YES! UMA is all that.

I consistently log over 10,500 minutes a month over UMA for business and personal use. I can't even remember what life was like before Wi-Fi calling. What would my bill look like if I didn't have UMA !
    08-02-09 06:14 PM
    off to set up my UMA...
    08-03-09 11:33 AM
    I just switched from AT&T.... UMA is AMAZING!

Im using far less minutes. It helps in area's where cell signals are non-existent... For instance, I went to a wedding on a resort in Virginia. NO cell phone would work in the hotel - didnt matter which company. The hotel offers free wifi so my cell was working everywhere through out the resort. Certainly came in handy there....
    08-03-09 04:37 PM
    Yeah UMA is all that...playing around earlier...found out that over UMA u can be on a call AND still use BBM and web browsing...something u cannot do while on EDGE. Fell in love with my crackberry all over again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:05 PM
    Yes UMA is like at&t's 3G, on my Treo Pro I can be on a call and at the same time I can be accessing the internet at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:34 PM
    I went to TMo mainly for UMA.
    Peak minutes are usually when you're at work and home, you're usually around a WiFi connection those times, at least I am. For $10 my wife and I (mostly my wife) talk for thousands of minutes a month. As mentioned above when on UMA it mimics GSM 3G on our BB's since we get voice and data at the same time. I don't think I'll ever get rid of UMA and it has become an expectation of mine going forward, need to have, not want to have.
    Setup is quite easy, but I forgive the previous poster for not figuring it out as it seems they attend(ed) FSU. Not everyone can be a Gator
    08-04-09 09:36 PM
    Well I have unlimited minutes with the loyalty plan. But my signal is not good inside my house. So this is good as I pick my wireless router. I even have the custom firmware on it and have a access point from downstairs in the basement. I am happy... Plus the pink icons look really cool.If you can get it and u have wifi all over the place get the 9.99 unliited UMA plan and get a less minute package. Like the person said it doe snot count from your minutes so its actually free calling on with wifi. I also hasve optonline so they have hotspots with them but I just have to connect then logon with my account and password then uma kicks on....Strange Tmobile is the only carrier out here that jumped on that. I think Rogers and another company did it also oeverseas.. Not sure though. U can google that
    08-04-09 10:39 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD