I really don't understand why UMA isn't more hyped than it is. It really is a must have for all phones. I've been thinking of this type of thing for ages, and admittedly when I got my BB I never knew such technology existed.

It's revolutionised my mobile phone usage.
    08-01-09 01:01 PM
    I have been using UMA for about two weeks now. Its great. I dont use any minutes at all. I have perfect service. I love it. I dont know how i didnt have it in the past. If you have t-mo its a must
    08-01-09 01:25 PM
    UMA is useful when you do not have 3G or have weak reception. It's also great if you have the unlimited minutes over UMA on T-Mobile US for only $10. However, it makes BlackBerrys particularly fickle when it comes to Wi-Fi. Maybe it's just BlackBerrys in general. I tried to connect Wi-Fi on my 8900 in the airport but I got the greyed out Wi-Fi icon while my iPod touch connected just fine.
    08-01-09 01:42 PM
    im confused when people say they are using UMA and its not using their minutes that is included in their plan. i thought UMA does count minutes towards your plan?

anyways UMA is GREAT for me cause like many others, i do not have good service in my home. but with UMA i dont miss any calls whatsoever
    08-01-09 03:12 PM
    I LOVE IT

I have zero reception in my place but with UMA I now have reception all the time.

Also, using it to make calls is great because it doesn't come off my package minutes, so in essence I just make free calls.

I have it set up at a few friends places as well.
    It's the best thing since wrestling. Infesting your kid's ears and nesting!
    08-01-09 03:27 PM
    sorry off topic, but does anyone know how to get the new release of bb msng? # 24A3911E
    08-01-09 03:29 PM
    sorry off topic, but does anyone know how to get the new release of bb msng? # 24A3911E
    OTA Link: http://www.prp2.com/bb/8900/BBM5/BBM5.jad

Source: Leaked: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 For Many Devices! | BlackBerry Rocks!
    08-01-09 03:50 PM
    im confused when people say they are using UMA and its not using their minutes that is included in their plan. i thought UMA does count minutes towards your plan?
    You can subscribe to hotspot calling which gives you unlimited UMA calling.
    08-01-09 04:02 PM
    yes I like UMA too.
    08-01-09 04:30 PM

anyways UMA is GREAT for me cause like many others, i do not have good service in my home. but with UMA i dont miss any calls whatsoever
    There is an option you can add on to your account for $9.99 a month. If you add this to your account, then all calls over UMA will be free. Otherwise, the calls are deducted from your account the same as they would be using your phone on the mobile network connection.
    08-01-09 04:52 PM
    I probably just shouldn't say anything but honestly, couldn't you look in one of the other 100 threads on BBM 5.0 instead of hijacking a thread on a completely unrelated topic?
    08-01-09 04:53 PM

If you have the $9.99 Hotspot@home add-on added to your plan, you have unlimited minutes over UMA. And even if you start a call over UMA but switch to EDGE, the call still counts as a UMA call. I personally don't have the UMA add-on but I still use UMA because the call quality is so much better when using it over EDGE.
    08-01-09 05:35 PM
    i have the 1000 minute plan and since i've added the feature, I've only been using about 400 of those minutes the past couple months.
    08-01-09 06:32 PM
    I use AT&T and have never used UMA in my entire life. But I'd venture to say
    that yes, it is all that. I read on here from Reed McLay once that UMA still
    falls under the same plan that you pay for even if you're traveling internationally.

So if you connect to a router in Australia let's say, then your minutes are
    still unlimited because of the $10 a month plan that you're under. If I didn't
    have great AT&T service at work and home and was a frequent traveler, I'd
    definetly switch to T-Mobile.
    08-01-09 07:36 PM
    No, bc might not always be in wifi zones, it would be ok if it was free!!!!1
    08-01-09 07:55 PM
    I used almost 2000 uma minutes last month so for 9.99 a month extra it is definatley worth it since I am on the 700 a month family plan.
    08-01-09 09:31 PM
    EDIT: Next time I read more
    08-01-09 10:09 PM
    So when you're on a call using UMA, is there some symbol indicating you're on a UMA call? I'd hate to be on a long call thinking I'm on UMA, only to find out I was burning up and going over my minutes..
    08-01-09 10:10 PM
    Yes, the signal strength meter changes.
    08-01-09 10:13 PM
    UMA is worth it 100%. Especially if you are most often in a wi-fi area
    08-02-09 12:41 AM
    I just wonder why at&t doesn't support UMA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 12:57 AM
    I just wonder why at&t doesn't support UMA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because if they did it would allow their customers to pay less and AT&T is not into giving their customers a break.
    08-02-09 01:15 AM
    Im loving UMA. It was a big part of my decision in purchasing the phone and switching to Tmobile. I get great service where I live but Tmobile does not get service in my house. UMA solves that problem.
    08-02-09 01:36 AM

I don't know how it works in the US but here in the UK I pay �5 a month (about $8) for all my Blackberry services. If I look at my bill it tells me exactly when and where I used my minutes but with UMA calls it just appears as "Homezone" with a '-' under the minutes column.

I can call anyone and I don't get charged.
    08-02-09 01:55 AM
    UMA is great, lets not forget that when you are connected to UMA it is better than 3G. Once you have it you love it. If you have never had it you don't know what you are missing so you don't have to worry about it.
    08-02-09 02:07 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD