Click on this link and fill out the form!

BlackBerry 8900 Curve: Coming Soon - The Carphone Warehouse

A few months ago I registered my interest in the Bold with CPW and I got a call the DAY they arrived at CPW. I got it the next day and must have been one of the first in the UK to get one.. (shame i didnt like it! )

Anyhow..

If you are in the UK

Go for it!

PRE REGISTER for an 8900!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

(ok I need a sedative now..)
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 11-27-08 at 08:47 AM.
    11-27-08 08:43 AM
    Yep I saw that earlier on BBN. Looking good for those across the pond.

Pre-Register for The BlackBerry Curve 8900 at Carphone Warehouse | BlackBerryNews.com
    11-27-08 11:20 AM
    It looks nice, but what does it have over the bold beyond a slightly better camera? It looks more business-like than the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:24 AM
    It looks nice, but what does it have over the bold beyond a slightly better camera? It looks more business-like than the bold

It uses a higher build OS, as you mentioned the camera, form factor is better, and the screen on the 8900 is better than the Bolds also. It's not meant to be better than the Bold, only an alternative that's not as expensive.
    11-27-08 11:28 AM
    **** yes. Cheers Casper. Already registered a couple of weeks back when it first appeared on their site, but it's good to hear they actually honour their promise to call people straight away. Do I remember it mentions a 'special deal' too?! It'd better be damn 'special' if so...I already intend on getting it for free!!
    Now all we need is for it to be early December rather than late.....fingers crossed.
    11-27-08 11:28 AM
    Yeah, they were VERY quick to call last time and the next day delivery worked too!

I am hoping my soft rubber case from my 8300 will fit (Temporarily, Just for protection, I am sure none of the access holes will match up)

I think I will ignore the voice in my head telling me to not get the 8900 without waiting a month or so!!

(Unless we hear from unhappy German users over the next week or so...)

Come on Germans! Unbox, charge, send service books and let us know how you like yours!

11-27-08 12:04 PM
    I think it's a smaller handset altogether is it not?! Not sure your skin'll work.
    Anyway, I can't see it being too long before the accessories come flooding our way though. From what I've been reading I like the look of the 'Seidio Innocase Surface' on the current Curve....let's hope they do something similar for the 89'.
    11-27-08 12:16 PM
    yea the device is alot smaller

it would render your case useless lol
    11-27-08 07:04 PM
    Rang them up again today, now they are saying 26th December.
    12-04-08 10:50 AM
    I can't upgrade till Jan 06 so thats fine for me
    12-04-08 12:27 PM
    I've got three upgrades to take, so will save one for this handset.
    12-05-08 07:17 AM
    atleast you guys can get the phone

12-05-08 10:09 PM
    Gahhhh!

CPW now say JANUARY!

Boo hoo!

(But I suppose it will keep me out of the doghouse over Xmas!)
    12-07-08 05:57 PM
    Gahhhh!

CPW now say JANUARY!

Boo hoo!

(But I suppose it will keep me out of the doghouse over Xmas!)
    It still says December 2008 for me...
    12-07-08 08:10 PM
    Yeah well its just my local store clerks comment and he may not really know...

Hey just on the radio as I type this... One of the directors of CPW has had to resign for pledging company shares against personal loans without declaring it! (like $100 Million worth)

12-08-08 02:43 AM
    I just got off the phone from CPW. They tell me the following

1). Release date for unlocked phone 26th December 2008
    2). unlocked SIM free, no carrier price �391.44

I got this from two seperate people in two seperate departments cuz I got transferred.

CPW will call me on Saturday 27th at 10:00 UK time to see if they can get me one whilst I am still in the UK.

I believe this information to be correct. You too may verify it by calling CPW yerself.
    12-08-08 03:20 AM
    I just got off the phone from CPW. They tell me the following

1). Release date for unlocked phone 26th December 2008
    2). unlocked SIM free, no carrier price �391.44

I got this from two seperate people in two seperate departments cuz I got transferred.

CPW will call me on Saturday 27th at 10:00 UK time to see if they can get me one whilst I am still in the UK.

I believe this information to be correct. You too may verify it by calling CPW yerself.
    That's great news! Spend Xmas with the family, then straight after, during that stir crazy period between Xmas and New Year - return to being a serious Blackberry zombie and configure that new phone! PERFECT!

I hope you get yours in time - you will probably be offered TWO options by CPW. Receive it by post or go to store to pick up.

Mine (a Bold) arrived by special delivery - just fine and on time. I personally didn't trust it to be delivered to the store.. (I was paranoid someone else might get my phone even though it was reserved for me) But you may prefer the store pick up..(some folks have bitched about CPW delivery...)

Either way - GOOD LUCK!!!

One of the directors of CPW has had to resign for pledging company shares against personal loans without declaring it! (like $100 Million worth)
    Lets just hope this guy doesn't bring the whole company to its knees in the next few weeks! As I understand it, he hasn't defaulted on the loans....he's just been a naughty boy for not reporting that he used the shares as security against loans.. Strange times.....
    12-08-08 04:04 AM
    Damn.. that's expensive...!!!

Same that I paid for my Bold I think... (or did I pay �450 ??? )

Oh well..

I gotta have it..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 12-08-08 at 04:09 AM.
    12-08-08 04:07 AM
    Gotta love CPW, they always got da deals!!!
    12-08-08 05:27 AM
    Yay my first post! Play.com have them on their website now, it was just a placeholder before (under mobile then choose Blackberry) �379.99 and due for release on 17/12/2008 and that's SIM free

Edit:-
    Just noticed in the description it says it has a full 'QWERTZ' keyboard! hopefully they've just copied and pasted that from the German T-mobile site!
    Last edited by bbdivo; 12-08-08 at 06:00 AM.
    12-08-08 05:56 AM
    The price I got scared me a little and I said so. I think that it is too high by about �50.00. If we all call up and calmly suggest that the price is far too high, they might just drop it either now or later. Dream on Pete.

After what happened when I got my very early Bold and took it back, I am a little leary of buying this phone a day before I am leaving the country. I really want to spend 30 mins in-store with it to see how stable it feels.

Because of this I may wait a little until I read several reports in here. All 3 new phones (9000, 8220, 9350) have had teething problems and I need a phone that is reliable for my work.

My son lives in Charlotte, NC and I may ask him to source me one over there. Lastly, I am going to the US in March so I could pick one up whilst I am there. It will be stable by then too.
    12-08-08 06:08 AM
    i can't wait
    12-08-08 03:18 PM
    Looks like a 20th December Launch on CPW.

BlackBerry Curve 8900 sees UK launch

12-09-08 04:19 AM
    Geez, I do hope it's not going to be limited to T-Mo as it says in the article! Would make sense seeing as that's how it went down in Germany...maybe they did a Europe-wide deal?!
    Good thing with CPW is we can always pick one up sim-free instead though I s'pose.......although I'd rather not have to shell out even MORE in the run up to Chrimblemas.
    I do though...."have to" have this.
    12-09-08 05:03 AM
    Even better news!!!!

O2 to Launch BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone in the UK

O2 today announces that the new BlackBerry� Curve� 8900 smartphone will be available for pre-registration in the UK from December 10th and pre-order from December 22nd from the O2 website: BlackBerry from O2 - Home. The BlackBerry Curve 8900 will be available to customers from 5th January 2009.

A sleek, new twist on a classic style, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 is the thinnest BlackBerry� smartphone yet. With its powerful communications functionality and rich multimedia capabilities, the smartphone enables people to remain productive and entertained while on the move.

The new BlackBerry Curve 8900, as well as being an exceptional phone with email, messaging, organizer, web browser and multimedia applications, also features built-in Wi-Fi�, GPS including BlackBerry� Maps, a fast processor and a dazzling hi-resolution display that gives users an enjoyable and exceptional communications experience.

The stylish new BlackBerry Curve 8900 has a full featured media player that supports media streaming and can play all your favourite songs and videos. With a 3.2 megapixel camera, auto focus, digital zoom and flash, you can take sharp, print quality pictures that you can send straight to friends or post directly onto the Internet.

Steve Alder, General Manager Group and UK Devices for Telef�nica O2 UK said �The BlackBerry Curve 8310 was one of our fastest selling handsets and we are pleased to offer our customers yet another fantastic smartphone from RIM, the BlackBerry Curve 8900. It is ideal for both business customers and consumers who want the functionality of a smartphone in a sleek, slim form that feels great in your hand.�

The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is approximately 110 grams and 109 x 60 13.5 mm. Its large, striking, 2.4 inch HVGA+ display projects vivid colour and makes information easier to read.

The BlackBerry Curve 8900 will range from free to �234 depending on tariffs and is supported by O2 for BlackBerry� Enterprise Server and BlackBerry� Internet Service.

For corporate users BlackBerry Enterprise Server tightly integrates with IBM� Lotus� Domino�, Microsoft� Exchange and Novell� GroupWise� and uses advanced encryption and IT policy controls to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.

BlackBerry Internet Service is designed for smaller businesses and individuals. It allows customers to access up to 10 supported corporate and personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts such as, Yahoo! Mail and Google Mail) from a single device.

Notes to Editors:

Technical Data
    �Preloaded DataViz� Documents to Go� allows users to edit Microsoft� Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
    �A sleek, new twist on a classic style with a large 2.4-inch, HGVA+, 480x360-pixel display with light sensor
    �3.2 megapixel camera, with variable zoom, auto focus, image stabilization and a powerful flash that also provides continuous lighting when recording video
    �Built-in assisted and autonomous GPS
    �256MB Flash memory and a microSD�/microSDHC� memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB of additional storage
    �A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, support for Bluetooth� 2.0 stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP) and dedicated volume controls
    �Quad band support for GSM/GPRS/EDGE on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    �512 MHz processor
    �It features a full QWERTY keyboard and is the thinnest full QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone
    �Extend your wideband coverage with its built-in Wi-Fi support (802.11 b/g)
    �1400 mAh removable/rechargeable battery with 5.5 hours of talk time and 356 hours/15 days of standby time

For more information contact:

O2 Press Office
    t:01753 565656
    e: [email protected]

O2 UK Boilerplate

12-09-08 05:14 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD