I have a sprint 8330...and Ive had it about 18 months. Ive noticed the last 2 months or so that the free memory just bleeds out like crazy. I will literally do nothing but send 10 SMS texts, and it will go from 29,000,000 to 19,000,000 in 2 hours. I have no apps running, GPS turned off, etc.

I read through a bunch of threads on memory leaking/bleeding, and just couldn't find any concise answers. Anyone have an idea of what I can/should do to stop this? Once it drops below 20,000,000, my BB realllllly slows down and takes 10-15 seconds to send a regular text message.

Help...please.
    07-06-10 12:45 AM
    What apps are INSTALLED on the device? (not just the ones that are running)

What OS version?
    07-06-10 07:54 AM
    v4.5.0.186

Full installed application list:
    AIM
    BB 4.5.0 Core
    Blackberry App World
    BB Attachment service
    BB Messenger
    Brickbreaker
    Browser
    Docs to go
    Email setup application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Help
    Map My Tracks
    Memopad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Sprint Software store
    Sprint TV
    Tasks
    The Weather Channel
    07-06-10 10:56 AM
    Facebook has been known to leak memory sometimes.

The others would not seem to be an issue, although I am not familiar with Map My Tracks (but I can't imagine that it's a problem).

When you go to Options > Status, press the Menu button and select Database Sizes. Is there anything there that seems to be occupying a lot of space?
    07-06-10 09:20 PM
    Maybe you have a lot of saved email or text messages?
    07-06-10 09:24 PM
    App World by far was my biggest memory culprit. It was voracious, drawing my memory down daily. Things have been a lot more stable since I ditched it. And, since it leaves a shortcut, I can always put it back if I actually need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 09:25 PM
    App World by far was my biggest memory culprit. It was voracious, drawing my memory down daily. Things have been a lot more stable since I ditched it. And, since it leaves a shortcut, I can always put it back if I actually need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh yeah... mine too... deleted it right away!
    07-06-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD