Maybe its just me but if you have bigger hands typing on the 8530 is a pain. Does anyone else seem to notice this?
    05-26-10 04:24 PM
    You get used to it, just takes some adaptation.
    05-26-10 05:13 PM
    I'm 6' 1'' with proportionate (I guess ) hands and I found it very difficult in the first few weeks. After a month of typing and e-mailing I was still making some mistakes, but managed to learn to use the tips of my thumbs more efficiently. All in all I think it's just a matter of time until you get used to it. Now after a few months with the phone I don't even notice how I'm typing away multiple messages.
    05-26-10 05:16 PM
    I have quite huge fingers and I really had trouble typing on my phone but I got used to it after a couple of months.
    05-26-10 08:37 PM
    Lol if you have problems with it, 2 solutions.
    1.) Give it some time and adapt OR
    2.) Buy an external rollup keyboard and a female to female usb adaptor and hook it up that way lol
    05-26-10 10:30 PM
    The keyboard is really my only gripe with the 8530. I have sort of gotten used to it, but I know I would be faster and more accurate on the Bold or Tour. I wish I would have known that Sprint was bringing out the 9650, and I might have waited before starting up a contract. Oh well, perhaps I'll look into the rollout keyboard thing. Otherwise I'm quite impressed with this device, and with Blackberries in general

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yogi2000; 05-27-10 at 05:15 PM.
    05-27-10 05:09 PM
    Tryin being a girl with long nails!! Yeah pretty hard! Lol but I've adapted I suppose!! This is my first BB sooooo... Have nothing to compare it too! Had a touch screen b4!! Hated it so a keypad is WONDERFUL

05-27-10 05:17 PM
    Big hands/fingers does make for tough typing on my 8530. I've played with the Tour and it's a little better. Just gotta wait for the 9650 from Verizon!
    05-30-10 12:11 PM
    I have had the Tour and got the Curve because of numerous trackball issues and having had 4 Tours It took me just a couple of hours to get used to the smaller keyboard. I like the Curve a lot. Strange though how Cnet is rating the new 9650 lower than the TOUR !! gave the Curve the same rating........ I like the Curve and it is quite the power horse.
    05-30-10 12:54 PM
    Has anybody ever tried typing on a PRE, OMG i had that for 2 years and then i switched to the 8530 and it was two different worlds. Im so much happier with the BB. Could you imagine going back to the old school way of texting-----how may times did you have to punch numbers just to say hello,,,,123=H,12=E,1=L,1=L,12=O
    Last edited by butter11; 05-30-10 at 01:01 PM.
    05-30-10 12:55 PM
    My nickname was "ET" as a kid so I have LONG fingers. I had the 8330 for a while so it took me a few weeks to get used to the 8530. Now after I've had it for a few months, its much easier, you'll get the hang of it.
    05-30-10 01:40 PM
    I just bought the 8530, and the typing has been pretty good. My huge thumbs have slipped onto other keys, but it doesn't happen to much.
    05-31-10 04:23 PM
    Yeah, you'll find yourself typing a lot faster after a couple of weeks or so.

05-31-10 05:25 PM
    I agree; I came from a Pearl and my husband came from a Curve 8310, so we both had a short learning "curve" (pun intended) with our new 8530's. But now I rarely have problems and neither does he. I keep my fingernails relatively short, so I type mostly with the tips of my fingers or with the nails if they happen to be long enough; that solved the problem for me. I kept trying to get him to upgrade to a Bold 9000 when we were with AT&T and he complained about his Curve keyboard; but he was stubborn. I'm glad to hear that vabbgeek had problems with touch screen and switched to a BB; that's what I thought would happen to me with a touch screen. The thing I like about the 8530 is that the trackpad gives you the navigation of a touch screen because you can zip around the screen so quickly using a small amount of movement with your thumb. Same with the keyboard -- small but just enough space. My niece has a Pixi and I tried typing on it....I would be so frustrated if I had a Pixi or a Pre with those tiny little keys! So I know this is the right phone for me (although I do miss my Pearl sometimes and occasionally regret not waiting for the 9100 to hit Sprint....)
    05-31-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD