I am not able to do this in 411...
    If I type straight from home screen it will just be numbers , but what I used to be able to do was it will search the name list and let me chose the nearest match and call immediately ... This is not possible now in 411.. Any advise pls?.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 04:04 AM
    Options > Phone Options > General Options > Dial From Home Screen... change that to Yes.
    01-23-10 09:54 AM
    Options > Phone Options > General Options > Dial From Home Screen... change that to Yes.
    Yes, it is always set as YES..but I just can't type any characters , it accepts only the numerics plus the '+' key. For example if I want to search for "mother", it only shows as "+23" in the home screen, it just doesn't recognioze the all the characters... Any clue ?

01-24-10 05:14 AM
    Yes, it is always set as YES..but I just can't type any characters , it accepts only the numerics plus the '+' key. For example if I want to search for "mother", it only shows as "+23" in the home screen, it just doesn't recognioze the all the characters... Any clue ?

just a quick thing to try.

turn dialing from home screen off.
    turn the phone off
    turn it back on
    turn dial from home screen back on.

see what happens
    01-24-10 05:18 AM
    Yes, i have to do a alt-shift-del, reboot the device and it is working fine now... Bug?
    01-25-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD