10-08-10 11:03 AM
35 12
tools
    Sweet job....thanks for the info....hope I never need it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL, that's what I'm sayin, but that's real coo for just in case/emergency purposes
    09-10-09 02:14 AM
    Might want to post somewhere that Opening the device will void the warranty, although most people who are ready to change an LCD will not be covered by warranty since it is physical damage, but better safe than sorry and have someone blame you. :P
    09-10-09 02:18 AM
    my friend just broke his LCD and he knows I'm good at fixing BB stuff and I had no idea how to fix it for him. So this'll help regain my title at BB Beeeotch
    09-11-09 07:31 PM
    I never want too have too do this myself... Cheers mate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 08:13 PM
    Huge thanks for these instructions! Not good when one cracks the screen and does not have insurance and is only at the start of the contract...! I followed step by step, along with the video clip and managed to change it fine. Thank you!
    02-09-10 02:17 PM
    Excellent post, but you omitted one very important thing to take note of: there are three* different LCD types for the Curve 8900. They are NOT interchangeable. One must first disassemble the device and take the LCD out to see at its back which type it is.

* Correct me if I'm wrong.
    02-09-10 04:01 PM
    Well i just went n swapped the screen over, no hassle till i turned my blackberry on to be greeted by a white background covered with vertical grey lines -____- im hoping this is just an incompatile screen, everything else on the phone seems to work fine =/ any help would be appreciated
    02-12-10 02:07 PM
    I may be resorting to changing the LCD if i cannot change only the lens/cover/thingy for the LCD. Does anyone know if this is possible? I've foujnd some on ebay but i dont know if its as easy as taking the old LCD lens cover off and sticking the new one in.Been searching everywhere but cant find any answers so it would be a god sent if someone knows. Cheers in advance.
    02-12-10 02:26 PM
    Yes, This tutorial really came in handy. Both the video and the comments on this forum really helped, i now feel confident to do it again, and also even customize the housing for personality. Thanks a lot!
    02-23-10 02:32 PM
    I just changed mine , but got a white screen when I powered it up. ?????
    Any help?
    I just saw someones post about different screens. I was not asked which one I needed when I ordered it. Is this true? I hope not because I waited awhile before doing the change so Im sure Icant send it back.
    10-08-10 11:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD