Is it possible to turn off or put on hold work emails during the evening and on the weekend and then turn it back on during work time?

I just got my BB and I find that if I get a work email when I'm not working I am compelled to check it and now I'm always working.

Is this possible? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
    Crezman
    09-13-09 09:18 PM
    Log into your BIS from your computer. Go to that email address. Click on "Filters". Select "Do not forward" under "When no Filters Apply". Save your changes.

Do it in reverse when you want to start receiving email again.

Bear in mind that any messages received while this is set will NEVER be pushed to the device.
    09-13-09 09:21 PM
    OR you can check out "Save the Weekend" by Cortado. allows you to compose a message during off hours, and have the sending of it delayed until business hours resume. Also free, which is a bonus.

OTA link here: TPCBBB
    Last edited by michaelwpg; 09-13-09 at 10:18 PM.
    09-13-09 09:38 PM
    Hi michaelwpg,

Thanks for STW. I set it up. After testing it, it will stop my messages from going out at the proscribed times but not from coming in. Am I doing something wrong?
    09-13-09 10:11 PM
    I apologize. I posted incorrect info. It seems I forgot something since I used it last. It will not block incoming mails, simply delay outgoing mail.

However, that being said, I used this myself for a while and found that I just didn't have that same urge to respond immediately to said emails, as I knew they weren't even going to be sent until I was back at work anyways. Give it a shot, I know it worked for me. It "trained" me to leave the work emails alone off hours.
    09-13-09 10:18 PM
    Another option would be to set your Data Services to "Off" when you are out of the office, which would prevent incoming emails to your device. Drawback to this would be that you wouldn't be able to use any data-based features in the meantime. Upside would be that you would receive those emails once you resumed a data connection.
    09-13-09 10:23 PM
    You could also set up a profile that mutes the sound for the work email account.

You'd still get the emails to the phone, but you wouldn't be bothered by the sounds or vibrations.

Then, on Monday, just look at you phone and your weekend work emails are there and unread.
    09-13-09 11:10 PM
    Okay. After doing all the research here and on other forums the best I've found for me is to set a weekend and evening profile that allows the phone to ring but emails to be muted both in tone and by LED. Any other way of doing this turns off the data plan which turns off the web--which I don't want.

This way, emails can come through, I can look at them, but I'm not always getting an announcement they are coming through, esp., when many of them are spam. It's too bad, and not a good sign, that there isn't a weekend and evening button that can turn off your work files, but that's the way things stand now so this will have to do.

Thanks!
    09-14-09 12:12 AM
    Look into Alertmatrix by Rexwireless. This does exactly what you are looking for. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD