Does anyone know of a way to turn off the phone's speaker for the music player? I only want to listen to music through headphones or speakers, and don't want to risk inadvertently pressing the wrong button (or maybe forgetting to go to standby before I put it in my pocket) and having it start blaring music at a bad time.

I know I can set it to handset mode, which is better, but I'd love to be able to completely mute it.
    05-21-08 01:30 PM
    Why couldn't you make a new profile called music or something for when you just want to listen music and make all the settings silent/vibrate?
    05-21-08 02:58 PM
    It's a good idea, but the point is that I don't want music to start playing when I'm not intending to listen to music. Say I put it the BB my pocket and forget to lock the keys/put it in standby. It potentially only takes a few clicks of the trackball for it to start playing a song. Unlikely, maybe. But there are plenty of situations where this would be pretty embarrassing. Say I'm in an important meeting or something. I don't want music suddenly blaring out of my pocket.

Either way, I can't find any option to mute the speaker in the profiles anyways, unless I'm missing it?

Chris
    05-22-08 12:30 PM
    Ok, on second thought, I get what you are saying. Normally mute everything in non-music profiles

It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. It's a drag to have to switch profiles whenever I want to put in headphones to listen to music, and then to remember to switch back afterwards. I wish there was a way to just tell the speaker to shut up, but leave the headphone jack working.
    05-22-08 12:35 PM
    Wait, no, I'm back to square one. I still can't figure out how to set the volume for music down, in any profile. I thought for a second that the Quiet profile did it, but I forgot that I'd turned the volume all the way down earlier today. I fooled myself

Anyone know how?
    05-22-08 12:43 PM
    Easiest way is just once you are finished listening to music turn the volume in the media player down to zero. JUst need to remember to do turn it down.
    05-28-08 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD