i have downloaded the official release of .250 os from rogers site, and im currently running .199 on my curve 8900. i have dm 4.7 installed, and i have read to see the problems most ppl have when trying to update their os, but i see no1 having the same problem as me.
    when i plug in and dm prompts me for the update, i click update now, and everything goes well until SEARCHING FOR AVAILABLE DEVICE SOFTWARE appears, after which, Handheld Application Loader Wizard freezes and i get the error message saying send error report or dont send error report.
    and i get the fatal error occurred while updating your device software, please try again....ANY HELP??????

I just took screenshots to show what I mean, one is running through the AppLoader
    The other one being when i was using the Desktop Manager

[IMG] msg on Flickr - Photo Sharing! /[/IMG]
    [IMG] error on Flickr - Photo Sharing! /[/IMG]
    Last edited by juniorjavelin; 06-24-09 at 08:43 PM. Reason: screenshots were added
    06-23-09 07:58 PM
    Try running the Loader.exe to upgrade. It can be found in your Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader directory.
    06-23-09 08:04 PM
    i have tried that and it just starts going for awhile then i get the pop-up message Handheld Application Loader Wizard freezes and i get the error message saying send error report or dont send error report.

any1 had a problem like this before?
    06-23-09 08:18 PM
    First thing first, completely uninstall desktop manager 4.7 and once you do
    that download 4.6 from the Blackberry website. DM 4.7 is way too buggy.
    06-23-09 08:22 PM
    i tried running from 4.6 as well in the past, but keep goin, u said that was the first thing, anythn else u suggesting?
    06-23-09 08:36 PM
    i tried running from 4.6 as well in the past, but keep goin, u said that was the first thing, anythn else u suggesting?
    Forget the past. 4.6 will work better with an 8900

And anytime I do an OS update, I use Crackmem by Pete6
    06-23-09 08:49 PM
    Well abt 2hrs ago I cleared 4.7 n the os and installed a fresh 4.6 n reinstalled da os. And same result when using both dm or when using the app loader. The app loader just seems to crash at the point I mentioned earlier...

ALL HELP REQUIRED AND APPRECIATED

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 01:54 AM
    Make sure you delete all other os installed.

06-24-09 01:57 AM
    I HAVE deleted all other os installed. They all were removed from add/remove programs list. Have removed all traces of dmanager and os completely and have tried about 4 completely different times now. Whether it was 4.6 or 4.7 or using the dmanager or loading from the app loader. I get da SAME error msg when it reaches that point.

ANYONE ELSE HERE THAT HAS EXPERINCE WITH PROBLEMS SUCH AS THIS AND ARE GOOD WITH OS UPDATES...PLEASE LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND THOUGHTS

06-24-09 09:36 AM
    i have added some screenshots, now it will be easier for me to receive advice as u can see what i am seeing....STILL AWAITING ALLL HELP I CAN GET
    06-24-09 08:44 PM
    Do you know anyone else with a computer you can try it on? It sounds like a windows issue. What os are you running? XP, Vista or maybe Z beta? Any service packs? Any of this info will help us troubleshoot the problem.

06-25-09 01:49 AM
    seems like a software issue. i'd say uninstall anything desktop manager and os related and re install and try again. if that doesn't work use another computer cuz it may be windows related.

that error u're getting is usually seen when an app crashes in windows.
    06-25-09 02:00 AM
    I had the same problem on my Vista desktop as well as DM4.7 causing "The Blue Screen of Death". Uninstalled and reinstalled 4.6 and 4.7 several times but to no avail. finally installed DM 4.7 on my old laptop running XP Pro and nary a hiccup. Everything works really well. Windows, go figure.
    06-25-09 06:04 AM
    I recommend uninstalling the OS... delete even the download OS file... then download the OS again... there have been occasions that the OS install files have been corrupted.
    06-25-09 08:26 AM
    I've updated in the past before, from .114 to .199 went perfectly with one try so really not sure what is up wit the .250

Thanks for all the info i got so far, im running a machine wit xp sp2 n i jus tried it on a vista premium 64bit sp1, got the same message.

Ive tried with rogers .250 and TimItaly as well. anyone care to give me the link to their .250 os that worked?

Appreciate all the help so far, welcome more suggestions as well
    06-25-09 03:40 PM
    09-03-09 01:30 AM
    Do not forget to stop internet connection if using >4.6.
    DM 4.7 or above are trying to search through internet connection to find the latest os for your gadget.
    09-03-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD