This may be a question for a different forum, but I'll give it a shot. I have an 8330 and my sister has a rival, both with verizon. Since it is free for me to download ringtones and just send them to her instead of her downloading them from vcast, I downloaded a bunch of ringtones for her from mobiles24.com. When I try to send them via bluetooth, an error message pops up on her phone that says media type not recognized and it wont send. I can however send the ringtones to her as a mms message. She can then save them as ringtones. Am I doing something wrong while trying to send them via bluetooth?
    08-12-09 06:36 PM
    That feature is blocked on standard Verizon phones. The ringtones can only be saved and set as ringtones if they are sent via mms as you discovered.
    08-12-09 06:38 PM
    Really? That is just stupid. Is this feature blocked so people without blackberries are forced to use vcast?
    08-12-09 06:41 PM
    Hmm..I can send ringtones through Bluetooth. Always have been able to. The other person has to hit "Recieve Through Bluetooth" when you are sending it.
    08-12-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD